General Election 2020 Hub

Yes sitting deppities Troy FF and Burke FG the last 2 nights

1 Like

More honest than the rest of the liars running. Hon pudgie

Who robbed Timmy Dooleys car?

I was in my sister in law’s last Saturday when Michael Darcy was canvassing. His representative fucked a leaflet in the door at her and said she was canvassing for Darcy and went on her way. Didn’t even ask for her vote.

Her cousins wife is a principal in a primary school outside Gorey. When Darcy called to her door she called him in for a cup of tea to discuss the problems with secondary school places in Gorey and Darcy said he was too busy and would call back another time.

1 Like

I haven’t been canvassed at home yet, in fact I think we’ve only been canvassed once in the entire time we’ve been living in this house but I saw John McGuinness out canvassing this morning in Kilkenny.
Two things struck me;
Firstly, he was entirely alone, I thought he would have had some sort of crew and secondly, he seemed to have no sense of urgency.

2 Likes

I’ve had Cian O Callaghan and Catherine Noone knock on my door. Cian was impressive and will get some sort of vote off me and a number one from my wife. Catherine Noone makes Leo look like a gregarious bon viveur in the personality stakes.

Aodhan is a watery cunt.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few high tempo, well organised canvasses in my time. 6 or 7 folk taking a house each and then sweeping up to the next batch of houses en masse from the back. It reminded me of a breakaway group working together in a grand cycling tour. The candidate will be in the group and then summoned by one of the canvassers if a matter requires his/her urgent attention. It’s always helpful if (s)he has a pen and pad to write some notes on the issue as this feigns interest.

8 Likes

If Aodhan calls I’ll send you on €50 if you bid him farewell by calling him Gaydán

2 Likes

This is what the Darcy group was doing.

Apparently all those notes will be sent on to the candidates secretary who will write a personal letter back to each person to say they’ve taken their issues on board. This was told to me by a current TDs secretary last weekend who was working on Sunday to write said letters.

1 Like

Michael McGrath was around yesterday but they didn’t knock, just put literature through the door… What’s the fucking point? - pure steamers.

1 Like

That’s a proper canvass. We are far too rural to merit anything like that, we would never have an actual candidate themselves calling .

Patrick O’Donovan called to the homestead on Saturday; didn’t seem too anxious to stay around and chat but he was there in person in fairness.

Car belonged to one of Timmy’s canvassers, local FF councillor. That’s the way it’s gone now, you can’t leave your car running on the side of the road of a dark evening at all anymore.

Did I see a funny post on the forum earlier where a fella on twitter did a mock up of Varadkars response to the drugs question? I was about to press play earlier but got called away and can’t find it since. Possibly @Copper_pipe posted it somewhere?

1 Like

O Callaghan is an excellent local politician. I’m thinking he’ll go very close.

2 Likes

Efficient canvas teams know which houses voted last May so you’re in a good chance of getting a drop in from David Healy anyway especially if you both voted in May.

1 Like

Just reading up more there on Cian O’Callaghan.

Left Labour in 2013 in protest after two austerity budgets. Irish politicians are far too fond of towing the party line in the face of putting hardship on people. This guy clearly has a bit about him to stick by his principles and leave.

@Bandage - 2nd election in a row now that FF have just sent lackeys to put literature through the door. SF wont canvass the estate as they’d be lucky to pick up a handful of votes here … Coveney knows he’s as good as in so the best I might get is Gerry fucking Buttimer and a Green candidate…

What good wolf questions should I be pressing the Green lady on if she does call?

Ask her who would win a fight between a wolf and a cyclist.

7 Likes

You’d have to see Willie O’Dea in action to see a true genius at work. It’s so complex I’d need lots of time to describe it. But yes, you do need a good a well organised crew with you.

1 Like