General Election 2020 Hub

you are vile

yep Shinners x2 and Aonthu
the wife tortured one shinner fella for 45 minutes - if they return itll be via a pipe bomb id say

3 Likes

@Bandage have you been personally discommoded with the pram by Senator Catherine Noone parking her campaign minibus on the footpath in Killester?

This is very true also. The crew have round table meetings and know the areas and specific houses that have voted previously. If you’re not living in a good voting area or haven’t a good record of voting, then good chance you’ll just get the leaflet in the letter box.

Modern, chic canvass teams now use little dictaphone type devices to blast out a raft of sympathetic directives to unseen forces for immediate resolutions. A mobile number for a call back in 3 days adds to the urgency the candidate is applying to the issue.

Chape biros and a bit of an oul’ jotter are solo 1980’s …Fucks sake… Grrrrrrrr…

shinners are excellent at door to door operations - they really impress me the way they cover the doors - now you’d be wary enough of them as its like a mix between a traveller and a jehova’s witness but what they lack in clarity, logic or policy they make up for in intent and enthusiasm and that is to be admired - i could see how young voters or the uninitiated could be sucked in

2 Likes

Uninitiated?

the naive, those of little life experience, etc…
and unfortunatly those who simply dont want to work or contribute- but those individuals would be on board with SF anyhow as they support institutionalized welfare- SF’s challenge is to exploit the younger vote and exactly like Netanyahu in Israel as i have described earlier convince them there is an issue with the establishment and how they will magically do it better

Catherine’s reply to that criticism was feisty, and I think she had a point. I always walk on the open area behind the footpath when I’m going to SuperValu.

A bit of a lazy analysis of SF there if you don’t mind me saying.

The establishment (FG/FF) extended a scheme in the last budget where a certain group of individuals saw a significant tax reduction so long as they earned income over €75k. Pearse Doherty rightly called it out as disgraceful.

:rofl:

FFS, I can’t believe you bit.

#whatevs

Made sure to stick around long enough to be Labour mayor for fingal though to boost his profile and left straight after. Bucket load of principles alright. I’d prefer people who left Labour for ideological reasons before they filled up at the trough.

I stopped an old man along the way, Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies,
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it’s waiting there for you … I bless the rains down in Africa do dodo dodo do

1 Like

Of all the money that e’er I spent
I’ve spent it in good company

They actually have spreadsheets now with every house on every road and the number of people who voted in that house. (Takes forever to put together). So they can target the houses with a voting record specifically. If it weren’t for GDPR I could share an example I worked on.

I think this is more effective in non-election canvassing. Some politicians are quite good at calling around outside the election cycle so knowing who voted allows them to target specific houses. But for canvassing in the campaign I think you’d nearly be quicker in just picking high % roads and calling to all houses with canvassers and the candidate lagging behind available to anyone who wants to discuss anything. But now that parties can get their hands on the voting data they’re inclined to use it regardless.

2 Likes

Why is it that when someone resigns they are treated like the enemy?

Shame on you.

3 Likes

He wanted to be mayor for his profile so he stayed. He finished being mayor so he left when he saw which way the wind was blowing. Shame on Farmer for holding him up as some sort of uber ethical idealist. Shame on you for believing it. As I said, he’s a brilliant local politician, but spare me the idealist bullshit.

Netanyahu?

David Healy, the candidate for the Greens in DBN, has hit some troubled waters over his views on the 8th amendment referendum