General Election 2020 Hub

The Dublin times is on the attack this morning

Don’t beat yourself up. I’m sure you have disappointed your Grandad in far bigger and weirder ways than this.

1 Like

Those green socks are Massive.
I don’t like buckles on a man’s shoe.

Terrific banter from Leo there

A strange strange post from an excitable simpleton. Why oh why is a vote wasted with you

More bantz from Leo here …using official state paper to pen a fan letter to Kylie and willing to offer her a personal welcome to Ireland!

You’re just a little bit obsessed with this.

2 Likes

You’re seething this morning.

Relax. SF will still get 30 plus seats and be in Government.

Let’s just get Change done.

2 Likes

When you think of the atrocities that SF/IRA have committed and this is the best ye can come back with.

1 Like

This letter is definitely worse than collecting garda killers from prison

3 Likes

Of course, Leo would never make false promises when in opposition and looking to get in to power … no, not sock boy

Oh wait…

You’ll know when I’m seething

That point on government formation was another topic where MLMD went around the houses. I wanted her generally to be bold in the debate but she was probably mindful of the polls and talked around stuff without getting to the point. In trying not to say anything it actually worked against her.

Don’t know why she couldn’t snappily say:

1. Well we don’t want to be in a government with either of them in it.

2. But it would be worse if the current arrangement continues with one propping up the other.

3. We want to have a platform to implement our key policies and we’ve worked in government in the north with a party where we have ideological differences.

4. So we’re not ruling out going into government with anyone. But we’re determined to maximise our own vote to give ourselves the strongest mandate possible and it would be our preference to work with left leaning parties as opposed to these two.

5. End with snide dig at FFG.

She was still rambling away on point 1 or 2 when the moderators hurried her up.

3 Likes

Jaypers - Even Mary Lou was more succinct than that

7 Likes

County Monaghan has had a great effect on @Bandage

She was particularly weak on the SCC. It was obviously a planned response because there’s no way SF were blindsided by the question. But there is a very good argument to be made for reviewing the SCC and the human rights aspect. Make that point and move on. The long-winded responses on other topics suggested she isn’t as strong on SF policies (as Gavan Reilly said) but when she’s giving the same type of answer to a known question then maybe it was tactical in an effort not to say anything disagreeable.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ui_maine/status/1224969195005366273?s=21

Cap doffers seem to be impressed by false promises once they’re told in a posh accent.

It’s been a bad 24 hours for the John Delaney ra stoolers.

It’s always darkest before the dawn and they will be cock of the hoop next week.

Where to now though for climate change denier @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy. He needs to pivot to a new cause and fast.