General Election 2020 Hub

What a waste

No vote is a waste…

1 Like

Id vote for that. Pity SF didnt have half reasonable candidates in more constituencies.

I hope Donnachadh gets elected in CSC and if he loses out by a few hundred votes i hope comrade @anon61878697 wont rue walking away from his activist role when the need was most.

2 Likes

What planet is that clown on? There’s no-one coming home to vote

A small swing should push them over the line in Wexford and Longford/Westmeath. The other four are tougher. It depends what you believe about the polls I guess. Those four are based on the proviso that if Sinn Fein are actually polling around 20%, or over, those seats should logically be in play based on the existing base vote (Mayo/Tipperary) or their commuter nature (both Kildare constituencies).

Oh they are yeah. #votelefttransferleft

Voted myself this morning at half 7 in the homeland. Was up early and looking forward to the impending couple of days action.

Will sit back and have a beer now tomorrow watch the damage of storm Ciara unfold and the results from the count centres…life is for living

4 Likes

No hope in LW will be 2FF 1FG and Boxer

Id say your bang on with this but very interesting to see how John Paul O Shea polls. He was a very popular hard working independent councillor. He joined FG last year and I think it has backfired on him. He had coveney with him for 2 full days canvassing so they must think he has a squeak. He will only pick up material second prefs from die hard FG voters as he is miles away from macroom/ballincollig where Creeds base is.

Himself and m moynahin are in a straight shootout for last seat IMO and will be a huge number of people will vote 1 and 2 for both as they are only credible candidates in the north of what is a (ridiculously) large constituency spanning probably 70kms n to s…candidates in macroom wouldnt canvass more than 20 kms from that base id say barring ballincollig which is probably as populous as all the other towns in the constituency combined…always known as a very difficult canvass due to the size its now nearly impossible since they changed boundaries a few years back making it even bigger

Great post.

What is the rule about having posters too close to the Polling centre?

Is it 50 or 100 metres?

Cork north west should be divided between the other constituencies but FFG prefer rural 3 seaters. Ballincollig could join Cork South central. Macroom and millstreet area could join Cork South west. Charleville area into Cork east

1 Like

Most logical would be to just draw a line at grenagh or somewhere and have the constituencies running east west e.g. mallow charleville rockchapel blarney diamond…

Id say your bang on the money with what you said tho…wouldn’t suit ff fg…

Bit rich from a former YFG member

When @anon61878697 started college it was £200 and €3000 when he left

20 Likes

Your plan probably makes more sense. Were areas of bishops town moved to CNC in a recent change. There was something about it during the recent by election.

And he didn’t have to pay it either.

2 Likes

Yeah CNC has bisopstown, Northside, blarney and whitechurch. Very little representation for blarney and whitechurch. Candidates focusing on the urban votes. Massive class divisions and rural/urban divides

Informative. Strange having bishops town in CNC, very much a southern suburb to me.

We’ll be delighted for him tomorrow night. For the country, not so much.