General Election 2020 Hub

3 Likes

Careful now you don’t get caught out in your criminality. Charlie Haughey’s election agent Pat O’Connor Pat O’Connor was a respected solicitor before he was prosecuted for double voting in the February 1982 election. He never recovered from the shame and ostracism.

2 Likes

That would be astounding if it happens

Just voted there lads. Voting was brisk.

1 Like
  1. SF Cavan candidate ( I thought she could do with the help)
  2. SF - Matt Carty
  3. Green
  4. FG - Heather Humphreys
  5. PBP
  6. FG
  7. FG
  8. Labour
  9. Some random independent
3 Likes

Did you ever pass the driving test?

Heading out the door now. Tis miserable, only dedicated voters would be bothered in this kind of weather.

@Batigol a crisp €5 note is hanging in the balance here.

1 Like

When will we have exit polls? I’d an early start today keeping the show on the road at DUB so I’m starting to wilt

Exit poll at 10pm I think

2 Likes

Can’t wait until Big Ben bongs.

10 pm on irishtimes.com & RTE

7 Likes

:grin::grin: Gas man @anon67715551

Do any of you political watchers on here not think SF will be happy with a jump to around 18 to 20% of 1st preference votes? I read earlier they were less than 7% in the 2006 election.

Only thing i didnt know until during the week was they have only 42 candidates, they will have to head north of 50 candidates in the next election to take the next step into government.

There was some listing of fecking Independents in Dublin Bay North, they got nathin off me and neither did FFG.

It depends how you look at it. Yes given they were on 13.8% last time and were not thought to be doing very well until a couple of weeks ago. No given their polls in the last week. Anything from 21% up and they’ll be pretty happy.

FG
LAB
GP
FG
SF
FF
FF
I was going thru the motions after that.
Voting was “sedentary”.
@Batigol you owe me a fiver.

4 Likes

Turnout seems to have plateaued significantly since the late afternoon

3 Likes