General Election 2020 Hub

Nobody even konws whos in labour these days.

Kelly and sherlock account for almost all of that figure

Connacht Ulster
FG 23.0
FF 21.9
SF 20.0
Green 6.9
Labour 1.7
SD 1.7
PBP 1.8
IND 20.3

SF figure here is actually lower than I expected, and probably heavily biased towards Donegal, Cavan-Monaghan and Sligo-Leitrim. FG figure has held up well, better than expected. That might mean Mayo stays 2FG 2FF and a seat in Donegal, maybe Sligo-Leitrim.

Greens on 6.9 could mean a seat in Galway West. Very high IND figure. Canney in Galway East will romp in. Harkin will probably get in. Thomas Pringle and Catherine Connolly could have held on?

1 Like

It’s a real catch 22!

2 Likes

I don’t know how Collins polls so high cause you rarely meet anyone with much good to say about him. But hes consistently been a big vote getter so could increase his share this time around.

O’Donoghue seems to generally ignore the Askeaton area, which Tom Neville seems to work hard.

Tjats no surprise,sure i went up to vote for him myself and gave harkin no 2

1 Like

Why do you keep replying to this lad when your sitting beside him.Arent ye married?

He lives in Kerry and I live in Tipp

1 Like

Thanks for telling us now you tan spoofer

He has done. But he lost his seat before. I imagine whatever Heney gets would transfer to him to get him over the line if he’s in trouble.

Long range relationship.I get it now.

I’d say Feighan FG could nick the last seat there ahead of Scanlon FF on FG transfers. Big fail for FF if they don’t get a second there, that would be a loss of a seat.

Sure if that’s the case there’ll be no one to post here, I’m 8 of the posters on this thread, including you

2 Likes

I think exit polls at least show perhaps people do place real stock in the TV debates. Martin was woeful and his decline reflects it, Varadkar was strong and it would appear he halted the decline and recovered a share of the vote.

3 Likes

Who the fuck are you? I have no idea who you are. You seem to be some newbie with a predilection for annoying me.
You know nothing about me. So stop tagging me, stop mentioning me, in short, fuck off. Sling your hook. Weirdo.

1 Like

Leo was superb for the last week. The tide was going out but more than most - he stemmed the flow

2 Likes

Can’t understand how Fine Gael didn’t have a candidate from North Tipperary on the ticket. Kelly has the north of the county to himself and he’s got back the chunk north of Nenagh that was in Offaly last time out.

He got a helping hand from every media outlet over the ladt week

6 Likes

Lorna Bogue in Cork South Central was thought to have a good chance earlier in the campaign but the constituency is a bearpit with Martin, Coveney and McGrath. O’Laoighaire of SF isn’t going to lose his seat. I did float the possibility last week that McGrath could be slightly vulnerable but I’d say he’ll probably hold on.

Cork North Central doesn’t look to be natural Green territory but you never know. Roisin Garvey in Clare was thought of as an outside chance.

Limerick City looks the best chance. Greens could have cannibalised Jan O’Sullivan’s vote and Labour are at only 3.6% in Munster. I think Kelly is struggling big time there off that figure.

People are sick of FFG.Thats about the height of it.SF are like a decent looking bird you meet on the way out of the nite club at half 2 before the lights come on.

7 Likes