General Election 2020 Hub

When O’Donovan got in last night that little gowl McSweeney from the ‘Well, who got in at the local elections last year, made sure to get his very punchable face into the shot for tv purposes.

2 Likes

Gino Kenny and John Curran in a face off for the last seat in Dublin mid-West, as Emer Higgins FG running mates distribution seems to have gotten her over the line. Gogarty’s transfers should break for Gino? 150 between them

What are the updated seat totals looking like?

the electorate have (phoenix) parked him

And their fate was decided on the 8th as well. Sometimes the stars align in a beautiful symmetry

3 Likes

Here’s the Pat Deering elimination

Aylward picked up 355
Murnane O’Connor picked up 2,078
Pope Phelan picked up 3,624
Malcolm picked up 483

Murnane O’Connor and the Pope elected after passing the quota and Malcom is fairly close too. Phelan only has a surplus of 898 and he’s nearly 700 ahead now.

1 Like

The electorate got plenty of choice in this election and gave a resounding, decisive answer on Coppinger and co.

@TheUlteriorMotive what’s the mood like around the water coolers of the Big 4 and major law firms this morning?

FG and FF pick up last seats in Carlow Kilkenny

Didn’t realise mmoc lost her seat as well. Best Monday morning I’ve had since August last year

4 Likes

They’ve picked up the 3rd and 4th seat.

Malcolm Noonan for the Greens will pick up the 5th seat without reaching the quota.

4 Likes

Singing Ole Ole Ole, for fuck sake.

2 Likes

They did. Pity Brid Smyth didn’t lose her seat too but I guess you cant have it all. Coppinger was a right dose.

1 Like

I’m WFH listening to Radio and TFKing. I’ll head in shortly if the snow passes.

Fair few planned to vote SF “to see what they could do differently”. Housing is a big issue even amongst well paid professionals.

1 Like

I don’t like to use tired, overused cliches. I’ll leave that to MLMD.

They’ve finally gotten the finger out in Donegal, but no real change. Peter Casey will be eliminated shortly. at 11th out of 13. Fucking lovely.

I haven’t the same time to follow this today as yesterday but who will FF/SF bring with them to form a gubbermint? There’s two very different views even within FF of getting into bed with SF so I can’t see that coalition lasting long in any case.

Greens would be a handy bumper for both parties.

The Kilkenny returning officer has a lovely voice