General Election 2020 Hub

Was it @chairmandan who said that no Darcy has retained their seat since 1982?

Kilanerin is very much football country.

There’ll be war in Wexford FG with Murphy getting in, and them left scratching around for the last seat.

Interesting (maybe not really) internal party stuff to resolve too. Another former Kilanerin and Wexford footballer John Hegarty was added to the ticket and then removed again after the Murphy deselection. They thought they should just run and hold two. Hegarty has been Wexford town based for years and is a deputy principal in Wexford CBS secondary school. Maybe he would have commanded votes all over the county? I don’t know.

I tried to tell ye but would ye listen? Would ye fuck.

Say what you like about Willie or Collins but there’s method to the madness in why they want both patches to themselves and don’t give a damn about any running mates.

They look after their own skin and to hell with anyone else.

Solidarity look on track to take another seat in Cork North Central.

Keep an eye on John Lyons there in DBN, the independent left candidate. He’s picking up transfers from everywhere. Picked up 476 of Ben Gilroys 1700 transfers and is now on 4600 with 4500 Sol PBP votes to be distributed. If he gets ahead of Healy it’s game on.

RDE is taking it well :joy:

We’re going to do it.

Who’s Cathal Berry?

There’ll be 12 Green TDs
Sitting in the Dail

Hourigan Dublin Central
O’Brien Fingal
O’Gorman Dublin West
Ryan Dublin Bay South
Duffy Dublin South West
Leddin Limerick
Noonan Carlow Kilkenny
Costello Dublin South Central
O’Cathasaigh Waterford
Martin Dublin Rathdown
Smyth Dun Laoighaire
Matthews Wicklow

Ex Army man living in Portarlington. Port and Killenard shunted into Kildare South against their will. They’re voting Cathal.

FF lose a seat in Kildare North.

1 Soc Dem 1 SF 1 FF 1 FG.

1 Like

Andrew Kavanagh, and he’s not passing himself off as anything, he is an expert.

Ex army ranger and Doctor. Pulling transfers from everywhere
I’d say FF thought Fiona O’ Loughlin was an absolute banker
They ran two candidates, must have have fucked up the vote management,.
I heard the candidates don’t get along

Why do you hate our planet so much?

1 Like

A bit there to keep everyone happy.

James Collins living in the Leader weekly for the last few years didn’t pay off for him, he bombed spectacularly.

Will the city or county get a Minister is the next question, obviously…

Yes. Every second election since November 1982.

Ivan Yates Predictions:

His prediction on the outcome of the election is Fianna Fáil (60), Fine Gael (32), Sinn Fein (25), Independents (18), Green Party (10), Labour Party (7), Solidarity - People Before Profit (5), Social Democrats (2) and Aontú (1)

1 Like

Dear Lord

I was told by someone currently on the FG payroll that Hegarty didn’t want to run and was forced into it before being withdrawn. I think the Darcys had a hand in getting him taken off as they thought he would erode Michaels share. The Darcys are an awful shower of cunts, regularly screwing over their own colleagues for their personal gain.

Darcys campaign was a joke. He claimed credit for getting a 3rd secondary school for Gorey, which hasn’t even been sanctioned yet. He said he solved the Insurance pricing crisis which was effectively Pearse Dohertys work that he happened to be in the room for. He solved Goreys housing crisis even though there’s more homeless in the area than there’s ever been. And he brought jobs to the area even though Gorey has more commuters to Dublin than its ever had.

As I said, good fucking riddance to him. Hopefully it’ll be the end of his political career.

1 Like