General Election 2020 Part 2

Locke will knife you

Is it 37 that Fianna Fáil are locked down for as things stand? Hoping for a 2nd in each of Donegal, Sligo/Leitrim and Longford/Westmeath but hopes fading in all three. It’s really Wicklow as their realistic shot to get to 38 and most seats.

Fine Gael locked down on 34, looking good to get to 36 with Sligo/Leitrim and Donegal. Wicklow an outside chance to get to 37.

IRA/SF finished with 37.

Donegal is finished you daftie.

You are suffering from West Brit PTSD,

All these come-from-nowhere candidates are going to be looked at a lot closer now. Wonder what we’ll find? :thinking:

1 Like

In contrast to what? Timmy fucking Dooley?

:rofl:

6 Likes

General Election 2020 Hub

Current Affairs

1d

TheBlackSpot

1d

“All changed, changed utterly:”

W B Yeats
Ah here @iron_mike

What are you talking about?

That some daft simpleton from Clare was the alternative.

I don’t think I suggested he was :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The numbers don’t work for FF & SF alone now. If they have to bring in a third party anyway, could Leo be persuaded rather than FF I wonder

Not a hope, they are happy to go back into opposition and their base are too West Brit anyway to go near Sinn Fein

No. By all accounts Leo is content to sit in opposition and fire scuds from there

Only one way to settle this, penalties, and you’d have to fancy SF in a shootout

3 Likes

No way are FG going in. Leo must go before the party to be reelected. No way will the FGers vote anyone suggesting going into government

Then what on God’s green earth was your point?

FF-SF and a few independents will get the majority required I’d say.

Cullinane minister for justice.

There’ll be a few more twists in the story yet before a government are elected.

FG would be absolutely insane to go into government with SF as a junior partner. Between a EU economy that is already weak, the impact of Brexit, the impact of the Wuhan virus on global trade, and the prospect of a left wing victory in the US in November, the next 3/4 years could be an absolute shit show.

This will likely be a great time to be in opposition, it’s what all three parties would prefer I’d say.

3 Likes

I think they have to make the decision not to participate in a government or have had that decision made for them by the electorate before he goes before the party

1 Like