General Election 2020 Part 2

Here’s a question.
If the country goes back to the ballot box, will SF do better, as people see them a genuine heavyweight, worse, as people see them as a genuine threat, and the msm go after them big time, or the same???

or under 30

1 Like
5 Likes

Better. FF and FG will be punished for not co-operating in forming a government that includes SF.

No. I’d say he’s St Paul’s educated and Roanmore leaning in GAA terms. I saw him at the Cork league match there a couple of weeks ago. He’s a bright lad and I’d say he’ll fuck the begrudgers

4 Likes

Better.

FF are dead.

Depends on the timing Flatty. If it happens in the next 8 weeks, they’ll put out 60 candidates and my guessing is they’ll come in north of 50 seats.

Who calls the timing?

Don’t think so. They’ll do all in their power to form a government and the other two will do all in their power to stymie them.

The msm did all the could to them and it made fuck all difference.

Dunno. Leos the Taoiseach. Presume it’s up to him. Technically I think it doesn’t have to be until April.

The establishment will be ready this time. The scenes in Waterford last night and the stock market today will wake a lot of people from their slumber. To be honest, I think it is great for politics and democracy, as it has really engaged people.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure how hard they’d gone after individuals as opposed to the usual lame hackneyed shite that was Imo counterproductive

That’s a great point. I dunno though if it’ll work. The students and the dolies don’t give a fuck about that

A lot of the newly elected wheelie bins will be put under the microscope if we go again.

1 Like

Whitmore has landed in a good place for Matthews. She’s just 12 shy of a quota. The transfers she gets will surely come back to Matthews in surplus if he needs them and only 12 of them will be lost.

Harris is 626 short of a quota, so that’s 626 votes that are effectively lost to Doyle.

Donnelly is 1863 short of a quota.

1863 + 626 + 12 = 2501. That’s the maximum number of votes that Matthews can lose to the candidates who will reach the quota.

6187 - 2501 = 3686.

So Matthews just has to do 234 votes better than Doyle on those 3686 votes to win. He should have enough alright.

1 Like

The indo writers were so excited at the Cullinan video earlier they rushed out this excuse for a headline

The Oirish are a very sophisticated electorate.

1 Like

Word is Flaherty has beaten Boxer. FF will get their 38 seats, the bastards.

If Mary Mitchell O’Connor hadn’t screwed up in Dun Laoighaire, Mary Lou would be in pole position for Taoiseach.