General Election 2020 Part 2

You did it again.

It’s in the past so apparently it’s ok now.

Ah the impotent wailing and total disregard for the homeless of a blueshirt

1 Like

No i never said it was excused. Ive beaten you up and down the border today but you are continually inventing arguments i never made to try gain a foothold. You pride yourself as some sort of debater, a man of principle, but you don’t even vote?? Therefore i can take from that that you haven’t the backbone to stand behind your opinions or have them questioned. You are a mouthpiece and ive wasted enough time.

Sorry i didnt ask for a whinge. You made a childish hysterical claim there was tens of thousands of homeless people, where are they?

1 Like

Thought you didn’t recognise either the Eire state or Northern Ireland. Odd that you would be looking for a criminal prosecution in a court system you don’t recognise.

Check eoghan Murphy’s dodgy figures

1 Like

You have a vivid imagination.

You have imagined dangers of those people who cooperated in the report at the time might face 30 years, you’ve been unable to articulate what these dangers are.

You have imagined that these people have objected to the report being released, there doesn’t seem to be any evidence at all that people who cooperated with the report were consulted with.

You have imagined there are afraid of local dangers, that they are afraid on the ground of safety.

I actually am a local, I’m Fulvio, from Augnacloy. Aidan McAnespie was a member of my local GAA club.

It’s great to see that you were able to interview all the people involved with a report that the FG minister for justice won’t release to help get the killers brought to justice.

1 Like

I’m looking for the killers to be brought to justice.

Lads handling the lockdown well I see.

1 Like

A Mr David Jonathan Holden was charged with the manslaughter of Mr McAnespie last year and I understand is currently awaiting trial. So there’s your concerns allayed. A trial is pending in a court you don’t recognise in a state you don’t recognise.

I doubt the British justice system will give him what he deserves.

Gemma would struggle to match that

1 Like

Any of it false?

The whole general thrust of it really. I definitely missed 70 years of FG in government anyway.

Are you sleeping at all worrying about John Concannon telling you stuff you wouldn’t believe one way or the other?

Not the only thing you missed, obviously.

2002 there mate. Check your dates.

You’re not making any sense. A man has been brought to justice as you put it and charged with the manslaughter of Mr McAnespie and is awaiting trial. What relevance are interviews carried out by 30 years ago by a former Deputy Commissioner Garda Commissioners in this State (who passed away over 10 years ago) to this trial in another jurisdiction? You have a poor grasp of how a criminal justice system works and very basic principles of admissible/inadmissible evidence.

A former British soldier will stand trial for manslaughter next month over the killing of a young Catholic man more than 30 years ago.

Aidan McAnespie, 23, was shot dead in February 1988 on the Tyrone-Monaghan border.

He had just walked through the checkpoint at Aughnacloy, Co Tyrone, on his way to Aghaloo GAA grounds to play a football match when he was killed.

The British Army claims Mr McAnespie was hit by one of three bullets accidentally fired from a machine gun. However, witnesses recall only one shot being fired around the time Mr McAnespie was fatally wounded.

The soldier who fired the shot, David Holden, maintains the shooting happened when his wet hands slipped while moving a heavy machine gun.

Mr Holden, 50, appeared before Dungannon Magistrates Court today, where District Court Judge Amanda Brady ruled there is sufficient evidence for Mr Holden to stand trial for manslaughter.

Mr Holden, whose address was given as care of his lawyer in Belfast, was 18 at the time of the incident and a member of the Grenadier Guardsmen.

He had previously been charged with manslaughter, but the charge was dropped in September 1988.

In 2016, Northern Ireland’s Public Prosecution Service launched a review of that decision, and in 2018, charged Mr Holden with gross negligence manslaughter.

A preliminary investigation took place earlier this year where Mr Holden’s lawyers challenged some of the prosecution evidence and today’s ruling is the result of that process.

Addressing the court, Judge Brady said she had to be satisfied there was sufficient evidence that a reasonable jury, properly directed, could convict Mr Holden of manslaughter.

She said there is sufficient evidence in the case for Mr Holden to stand trial.

Judge Brady also dismissed a defence application that the defendant could not receive a fair trial due to the 32-year delay since the incident.

Defence lawyers had contended any trial would be prejudicial owing to the passing of time.

Mr Holden did not speak throughout the 25-minute hearing, except to say ‘No’ when asked whether he had anything to say or any evidence or witnesses to present.

He was remanded on his own bail of ÂŁ500 to appear again before Laganside Crown Court on Friday 14 February.

Members of Mr McAnespie’s family were in court, along with representatives from the Pat Finucane Centre.

You’re not making any sense. The British justice system has changed consistently failed to convict their murderers.

This is not one of your IRA/SF Kangeroo courts where its preordained that it finishes with a bullet to the head and a body dumped on a remote country road. In a proper justice systems, there is a jury trial and due process to determine the issue of guilt or innocence and whether there was an unlawful killing.

The British state has a track record of covering up their state terrorism in Ireland. Poor families trying 30 and 40 years trying to chase them through the courts.

The British state are absolute pondlife.