General Election 2020 Part 2

They’d fit in grand at your card game by the sound of things.

Hush, hush.

The Irish establishment taking care of themselves again.

1 Like

What do you think happened?

giphy (7)

2 Likes

It was hushed.

And a vexed FF colleague has spilled the beans. Maybe even a very cross one.

Just barely over the limit so? Between the new one and the old one. He should be commended not castigated.

The Fianna Fáil TD was on his way home from the All-Ireland football final. He had two drinks before the game and something to eat after it.

Mr Cowen was breath-tested on the spot, where alcohol was detected. He was again tested at a Garda station.

He was found to be over the limit.

Mr Cowen was punished with a fixed charge penalty notice, a €200 fine and he was disqualified from driving for three months.

The case did not go to court as the amount of alcohol in his system did not reach the level required for a prosecution.

Confirming his drink-driving disqualification, the Agriculture Minister told Independent.ie of his “shame”.

“I am profoundly sorry for having made that mistake. I am deeply apologetic to all those close to me and to my colleagues, for this appalling lapse of judgement,” he said.

A non story

2 Likes

The next question is what did he get his other points for as a fixed notice wasn’t an automatic ban back then IIRC

I’d say it was hushed up and Lizard boy Calleary or Some other pissed off FFer is after spilling the beans now in a fit of pique

1 Like

Lapsed poster @THE_LINK_WALSHe and @THE_LINK_WALSH had a great story about the time when Brian Cowen was Taoiseach and attending some engagement down that way and he stopped for 4 or 5 pints in 40 minutes at The Spots.

1 Like

Sure the cunt doesn’t even leave it settle

article-1313358-0B40413E000005DC-332_308x185

5 Likes

Was there a grand tale about Cowen having a hape of pints some wet Monday afternoon in Offaly by some poster? I’d say Cowen would ate pints

Think it was the tale I referenced. Stopped in The Spots in Inistioge on his way to Kilkenny city from somewhere else in the south east. A FF friendly pub apparently. The driver pulls up, Cowen and minder(s) head in and he savages 4 or 5 pints in less than an hour and toddles off again.

2 Likes

I’d love four or five pints in an hour now, even if it was in Inistioge

6 Likes

Its the craic truth be told rather than the pints, mate.

August hopefully. I won’t go near a pub till then anyway.

1 Like

I’ve a good friend from Tullamore. He filled me in on a few of his sessions. I think it was around January 2010 when the country was going down the tubes and there was a lockdown due to snow. My pal rambled down to his local around 4 in the afternoon that January. Only 2 people were outside the bar, Cowen and his driver. He said Cowen swamped pints and gobbled packs of crisps by himself for a few hours.

There was a pub outside Tullamore called the “White House” that was a regular haunt of his also. His car is known to have picked him up there many Monday mornings after a Sunday session and brought him to Government buildings.

1 Like

You are describing an alcoholic

6 Likes

Surprising but commendable endorsement from @Juhniallio here

This was the yarn I recall. Did you tell it here before?