General Election - Housing Manifestos

Yeah but he’s only been there two and a half years and not introduced a single meaningful policy. You have to allow him sit there on his arse another four or five years before you can judge him.

1 Like

Haven’t a clue bandage. I’m not a big follower of politics so I just went looking for each parties policies. Sinn Feins wasn’t easy to find and is not actually on their website page dedicated to housing policy. I saw no mention of any book published relating to their party ethos.

Did he have any role in their 2040 roll out? I don’t know, genuine query.

Don’t know either. Perhaps one of his PR men on here can answer.

So now that @Gman has laid out in extensive detail the various parties policies and the relative ambition and achievability of them - who are you voting for? Labour?

Are you a little disappointed in the fools gold and vague waffle of the SF promises?

2 Likes

How many houses do you think the State should build?

You’ve fairly shovelleded the presumptions into that post haven’t you?

Loads.

10,000?

Get the fuck - you’re Captain Presumption

You can get a author signed copy here for €14.95.

I think he may have a follow up book.

1 Like

Ok. Well you’ve presumed gman’s analysis (and fair play gman) is categorically correct, there’s one. You’ve also presumed I’m basing my vote on a single issue.

That used to be a literary jibe. A rare unsigned copy.

2 Likes

Tariffs on bunk beds

What have you based that figure on now?

I’m only trying to get a handle on the scale of the building project you think the State should embark on.

Ok - I’ll bite.

Deconstruct his assessment with detailed fact rather than pithy arrogant sloganeering and then I’ll question it.

You indicated previously that left wing would be where you were looking and by your constant state of agitation over housing I’d expect it to be up your list of voting concerns. I would have thought, given that and the detailed assessment, it might swing you towards Labour,

A really big one. How many people are on HAP and on housing lists? Why don’t we build that many?

I would wonder where the State would get that kind of money and how would it be paid back.

I’d wonder where the state would get that many builders :man_shrugging: