Ger Loughnane

Ya, what we were saying more applies to some place like Galway where after another year of under achieveing it’s the manager that has to shoulder the blame and is gettting the road. The manager can’t be wrong all of the time, and it seems in this instance, as in Wexford, the players had a role to play in his dismissal. It would be refreshing to see a team come out for a change and say that they were wrong, their attitude was wrong etc. Not likely to happen though.

Cyril Farrell and Daithi Regan are coming up after 8pm on Newstalk to talk about Loughnane’s sacking.

Loughnane was a jokeshop of a manager in Galway… Naming teams 5 minutes before throw in, telling players all week where they were playing only to put them in a completely different position at throw in.

He is an ape and lost that dressing room a long time ago.

[quote=“HangBlaa”]Loughnane was a jokeshop of a manager in Galway… Naming teams 5 minutes before throw in, telling players all week where they were playing only to put them in a completely different position at throw in.

He is an ape and lost that dressing room a long time ago.[/quote]

I completely agree with you.

I think in his first year he took the job a bit too casually. Hence the team naming fiascos and the loss to Clare in Ennis.

I think he genuinely believed we could beat KK in the quarter final, and I believe Cody was a very worried man going into that match. Even though we suffered a 10 point loss the game was in the melting pot with 10 minutes to go. Only for a lucky Noel Hickey flick Damien Hayes was through on goal. Of course KK went straight up the field scored a goal after which Galway lost their shape, fell apart and ended up losing by ten points.

Last year was a disaster entirely but the players have to shoulder a lot of the blame as well as Loughnane. Even though other circumstances such as no match practice and injuries to key players did not help our cause either.

Sad news this morning about the great man re his leukaemia :frowning:

Jaysus, is that well known MBB, hadn’t heard it?

Thankfully it seems to be the one of the major forms of the big C with a high success rate for treatment.

Surprised there hasn’t been a thread on the farmyard about it?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ger-loughnane-battling-leukaemia-2806727.html

Sad news.

All the best to Gerlock during this time. Hopefully he’ll have the strength to beat it.

There was a very brief thread on the slurry pit on Saturday but it was removed again.

I know Ger will give his last ounce to try and beat this disease.

He’s going to do it.

Best of luck to the man, if anyone can Ger can.

Fuck it he seems as healthy as a horse. Might be a stupid question, but is it unusual for a Male his age to get this type?

Ah jaysus, thats terrible news, best of luck to Ger and his family, if anyone could fight such a thing he can.

edit

Ah fuck, no?

John Fogarty of The Examiner has Syl O Connor saying the man is alive and well. Puke or someone down that way can we get a definitive answer?!

Jaysus mbb you can’t be copying shite like this from AFR. There is no legit source for this and I I expect AFR himself will be in high dudgeon over this.

The whole thing stinks worse than Colin Lynch’s granny

I hope to god it is true, but two sources that I wouldn’t doubt for one second told me he past away last night!

FFS

It came up in the BreakingNews.ie feed in my Reader but the story has been deleted.

Breakingnews.ie and a few other online news sites carried the story apparently.