Ger Loughnane

Got ousted last night by 28-26 votes. Was hoping myself he’d get one more year considering he always wanted the Leinster games and now he’d have got them.

Big rumours of “player power” forcing him out. Back to the drawing board for us.

We will loan Ye Babs if Ye want him…He might make men of Ye.

Ah Ger, where are your clothes?

Another example of a county board being more interested in off the pitch nonsense and protecting their own patches than supporting what’s in the best interest of their hurlers. Galway is a joke and will continue to be one. Hope a good hammering in Leinster will wake them up.

I almost agree. There’s severe infighting within Galway hurling circles. Thats the main difference between them and the footballers.

Galway need to just stick with the same manager for a few years and let him develop a playing system on the team…they chop managers too quickly…its hard to know what style of play galway teams have had since the turn of the century as opposed to the likes of Cork and kilkenny who seem to have a blueprint which makes it easier for new lads to come in and perform as they know exactly what they’re supposed to do…all 3 would have in and around the same raw talent coming through…

[quote=“tipptops*”]We will loan Ye Babs if Ye want him…He might make men of Ye.

Ah Ger, where are your clothes?[/quote]

are you trying to get Babs killed off?

“Never be afraid to make enemies in hurling, because deep down they are not your enemies at all, they are your friends”

I hear Babs has been in contact with the Wexford County Board.

Tip pet, you know you’re crap at rumours.
The closest Babs will get to Wexican’t will be the Ferry in Rosslare.

By Offaly

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Tip pet, you know you’re crap at rumours.
The closest Babs will get to Wexican’t will be the Ferry in Rosslare.[/quote]

pray tell us MGC about your countie’s all ireland success this year or last year or the year before

a good hammering will only set them back further…they seem to be a team of players that are either deeply devided(i know there is bad blood between some of the clubs up there) or they are happy with their lot and being intercounty hulers/men about-town and don’t have the hunger to win things…

Michael Bond would be an interesting choice. Where next for Ger Loughnane?
Back to the Sunday Game Studio?

A pundit for the Sunday Game prehaps? Whos the next victim?

[quote=“Mairegangaire”]Tip pet, you know you’re crap at rumours.
The closest Babs will get to Wexican’t will be the Ferry in Rosslare.[/quote]

Sure he has (or had) a mobile down in the Burrow in Rosslare

From personal experience I’ve never seen such bitterness between lads as you’d see with the Galway crowd. Was friendly with a few lads in and around the Galway panel a few years ago and the bitching and fightening they’d be doing about other lads on the panel was unreal. They just can’t seem to pull together as a team.

Think they would have better off giving Ger Lough another year than starting the whole process afresh the coming season.

[quote=“The Runt”]From personal experience I’ve never seen such bitterness between lads as you’d see with the Galway crowd. Was friendly with a few lads in and around the Galway panel a few years ago and the bitching and fightening they’d be doing about other lads on the panel was unreal. They just can’t seem to pull together as a team.

Think they would have better off giving Ger Lough another year than starting the whole process afresh the coming season.[/quote]

yeah galway are awful cunts for in fighting…i think that the county board and the players have taken the easy way out here and got of lockie…at the end of the day it is down to the players, they didn’t lose to cork because they weren’t fit enough or because they got their tactics wrong or because the wrong team was put out they lost to cork because they didn’t have the hunger or the stomach/heart for the battle that cork had…

speaking from my own view point(possibly someof the other lads that have played at a decent adult level might be able to add a bit of perspective) you shouldn’t need the manager to be getting you up for games or having to tell you to up the tempo in matches/training…that should be done off your own back and if your not able for for the pace/intensity then you are in the wrong place…

[quote=“The Puke”]yeah galway are awful cunts for in fighting…i think that the county board and the players have taken the easy way out here and got of lockie…at the end of the day it is down to the players, they didn’t lose to cork because they weren’t fit enough or because they got their tactics wrong or because the wrong team was put out they lost to cork because they didn’t have the hunger or the stomach/heart for the battle that cork had…

speaking from my own view point(possibly someof the other lads that have played at a decent adult level might be able to add a bit of perspective) you shouldn’t need the manager to be getting you up for games or having to tell you to up the tempo in matches/training…that should be done off your own back and if your not able for for the pace/intensity then you are in the wrong place…[/quote]

Bingo. Nail on the head.

If your relying on somebody else to get you gee-ed up for a big game, then you shouldn’t even be togging out.

[quote=“The Runt”]Bingo. Nail on the head.

If your relying on somebody else to get you gee-ed up for a big game, then you shouldn’t even be togging out.[/quote]

exactly…a lot of the lads are only threading water above there happy to be intercounty hurlers…nice wristy young lads who have a bit of pace and fancy themselves are great if you want to win an all ireland minor title but they aren’t worth shit to any team looking to win a senior one if they aren’t willing to go through brick walls to win matches…

one player who seems to get an awful doing in galway is tony og regan…granted tony has got a few roastings and had a few bad days(who hasn’t) yet if some of the lads above in galway had as much heart as the horse regan they wouldn’t be too far off winning an all ireland…

I completely agree that self-motivation is key for any player wishing to compete consistently at the top level but I wouldn’t downplay the importance of the manager’s role either. For example, Kilkenny have great players but would lads who already have 5 or 6 All Ireland medals still be operating with the same level of intensity if Cody wasn’t around? True, it’s a hypothetical situation but I’m certainly not sure that they would. Cody may be a tough bastard and I hear stories of the Kilkenny lads disliking him but he does command their complete respect. Loughnane delivered in spades for Clare but achievements elsewhere and in a different century mean jack shit to Galway people/players. Who’s to know definitively what was going on over there?

i agree bandage…but i think that it is unfair to compare any team around against this currnet kilkenny set up as they are probably one of greatest(if not the greatest)teams to play the game…sure gerlock has to take on a fair proportion of the blame and his comments when he took the job about an all ireland in 2 years were foolish toi say the least but irregardless of who gets the job next if the players carry on with this mind set they will win sweet fuck all…