Germany v Ireland - Friday, October 11th

Match specific thread set up.

TV’3 Tommy Martin was at training earlier. He tweeted that Noel King was very vocal.

He shouted at one stage, “Where’s does the ball go? It goes in the bleedin’ net.”

:clap: :clap: :clap:

[quote=“Bandage, post: 842590, member: 9”]Match specific thread set up.

TV’3 Tommy Martin was at training earlier. He tweeted that Noel King was very vocal.

He shouted at one stage, “Where’s does the ball go? It goes in the bleedin’ net.”

:clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]
Embarrassing having this King charlatan roaring inanities at professional footballers.

Best wishes to friends of the forum, The Beak and The Voice who are travelling to Köln for this game

If he gets a draw against Germany and a win against Kazakhstan he will be the new manager on a permanent basis.

Kieran Westwood and Walters are out injured. Will King go with a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation?

I’ll be there. Well, in Cologne anyway, no tickets got yet but a few of us going for the craic anyway.
A fair few going from here, tis only a couple of hours away.

Derry City fans had a classic chant when Noel King was manager there circa 1987.

To the tune of “The First Noel”

No-el, No-el, No-el, No-el

Noel is the King of the Brandywell

[quote=“Piles Hussain, post: 842610, member: 363”]I’ll be there. Well, in Cologne anyway, no tickets got yet but a few of us going for the craic anyway.
A fair few going from here, tis only a couple of hours away.[/quote]
Should be a decent trip anyway - lovely city and I’d imagine there’ll be a fair few Irish around.

Probably best to park the bus across the goal for this match.

Tickets got. Few cans on the train tomorrow.
Roll on.

That’s Franesque in its blandness.

Listening to Off The Ball. Dan McDonnell believes Stokes has an excellent chance of starting. Robbie Keane has an ankle injury and didn’t train this evening or attend the traditional eve of game joint press conference with the manager. Damien Delaney accompanied Noel King instead - does that mean that he’ll play? I think we’re going to be playing a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with a bit of a quirk - maybe a striker lining up in one of the wide roles.

It sure is. Unfortunately I spent some time in a PM conversation with @Fran and it seems to have temporarily dulled my posting style.

“I’d imagine there’d be a fair few Irish around.”

:clap:

My brother saw FAI Technical Director Ruud Dokter talking to former Bayer Leverkusen manager Klaus Toppmoller in the corridor of a hotel in Cologne today.

I’m calling this as a TFK exclusive.

Keane out apparently

Disaster. I find it hard to see us winning this one now.

Damien Delaney in the heart of the defence, that utter diddy Darren Gibson in midfield and no Robbie.

Germany will win by what they want tonight. Wouldn’t be surprised if they put another 6 past us

Nonsense, a front line of Stokes and Doyle, with Holohan and Reid pulling the strings in behind is a match for any team in the world.

How are we likely to line out? I’ll go with

Forde
Coleman, Delaney, Clark, Wilson
Stokes, Gibson, McCarthy, Reid
Holohan
Doyle

Bruce Arena>Noel King