Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

Travel is out as the law are hammering anyone, my local stuff finished Friday so I’m dossing

Huh? You can get a colourtrend tint in a bucket if trade paint, what’s wrong with saving a client a few euro?

Paint is not just about the colour, I have plenty of experience of that shit in tiling, you’ll have lads telling the customer not to buy the grout and adhesive cause they ‘only use’ a certain brand, one they get themselves from the shop that they deal with, usually the cheapest stuff.

If a customer wants farrow and ball they may be a mug but don’t make them feel like a mug, that’s all

2 Likes

Was cheaper for us, and she was happy.
Unfortunately the stupid cunt managed to lock next doors cat in the bedroom for the weekend which shredded the carpet trying to get out

3 Likes

Half/ half😊

1 Like

I get the grout thing, tilers don’t want to be cleaning the tools after anthracite grout!!
Paint drives me fucking mad, paint the ceilings arctic blonde please, you mean white? No, arctic blonde, it’s fucking white.

I have farrow and ball in a couple of bedrooms in the house.

There’s a real immediacy to it.

Cc @Spidey

2 Likes

Construction/tradesmen were exempt i thought?

There’s a great warmth to it I’d say

1 Like

There’s a real bounce to it

1 Like

Are they feck, have to have a letter

1 Like

They are allowed. I’ve yet to hear of anyone stopped who wasn’t let go on, never mind whatsapp they are at. And sure if you need a letter just get one.

1 Like

Stopped last week here and bluntly told turn around

Too expensive

Tbh didn’t need one until now, well after Tuesday anyway

This is a terrible waste of testers. How do you make a firm decision here? Impossible.

You need to get a large piece of white stiff cardboard, the back of election posters are ideal for the job. You then use the most of the tester, say 2’sq and initially place it beside the edge of the window or at the door. That was you can judge the colour without the existing colouring impacting your decision. These posters can be used multiple times if you overpaint previous testing with standard white emulsion.

Contact @Juhniallio, he’s quartermaster for a political party and will have some spares.

Sean Scully would sell that for 100grand

2 Likes

It looks like €100 of Farrow & Ball testers ready for the recycling plant.

I’ll have you know those testers were used in three houses before getting the bin.

This was used to narrow it down to three, they were then applied to areas with varying light such as reveals and under the kitchen cabinet etc.