Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

Fuck no.

2 Likes

It will be full of menstrual men Sunday evening I think

1 Like

It varies from county to county and within each county depending what planner you get. Galway is gone to fuck at this stage. There are two alsolute cunts in Galway, and if you’re unlucky enough to get either one assigned to you, you can look at two years and a bill of 10-20k before you get a fucking block layed. One bitch makes everyone do a 3D render of the property. The stupid cunt can’t make out what the house will look like from a plan and elevation it seems. That’s another 5k.

The housing need stuff is dreadful. The case with O’Cusack in cork is farcical. He’s not entitled to build a house two miles out from a small village he’s lived in for most of his life. Planners are little tyrants who have power to make peoples’ lives difficult and are paid fuck all. A bad combination.

3 Likes

What is the spend on ?

Months or years of redesign to suit the cunts which the architect charges extra for. 3D shite which most architects don’t do. Natura screening and reports from ecologists.

Ridiculous considering 99% of the houses in the country look pretty much the same and that’s fairly shit.

1 Like

I swapped th latter for the former 12 months ago. All to do with kids tbh. Better chance of schools, cost of living, childcare etc. Miss out on a lot yourself living in the sticks tbh, or maybe you just feels like you do.

Haven’t regretted it yet anyways. Cost of living is a major factor. Less pressure to earn as much as possible when the kids are young

You’ll get a technician or engineer to do a house design form 2-5k. Professional architects charge generally 2-5 percent of the build cost. That’s 6-15k on a house costing 300k. You’d build only an average house for that nowadays.

1 Like

I get why people do it, but the extra 10k is worth it if you hire a decent architect. No need to spend 300k either if people were not building monstrosities with a load of wasted floor space.

A 2300 sf house is not a monstrosity, 4 bedrooms and will cost 300k. Much cheaper to buy a house now.

4 Likes

Indeed it seems 230 to 250 sqm is the general build these days.

Got planning myself recently, fairly hassle free but it was for an extension so had been hoping it would be ok.

Mate of mine was really put through the ringer by them, dragged on for years, two sites and only recently got it all sorted.

I think it’s the key factor for a house.

tend to agree. Iv lived in both. One immeasurably more enjoyable than the other. Will impact warmth of the house and heating bills etc not just light. Could always redesign the house a little bit maybe to make most of it. Where I live the houses are in a horseshoe shape. Half the place sits out the front in the evening the other in their back gardens.

Cheers. Giving it a lot of thought at the minute.

grand when your kids are young, when they are a bit older and are bored shitless trapping corncrakes or scrumping or whatever bogger teens do they will resent you and hate you with a passion

5 Likes

When your kids are a bit older they are going to hate you anyways so matter a fuck!

2 Likes

bizarre

I’d be having a go at Sketch Up myself before paying some cunt of a technician to model something to satisfy a cunt of a planner.

:astonished:

Don’t do it mate