Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

Within 100k of the m50. Another hour into town then.

Do you want into this party or not?

€450,000 for a house in Tubber. Planning permission was put before Offaly Co council for a new airport out there last week.

Anyone ever watch this crowded house on RTE? There was a very good episode with a fella from Limerick last year, so I’ve kept watching it this year. I’m shaking my head though at the candidates they’ve on, these folk scratching their heads about why they can’t get on the property ladder. And then your man Brendan Courtney tries and fails miserably each time to help these people. From last night’s show these were the two candidates they had:

First off a girl with €17,500 a year salary, savings of €300!, and loans amounting to €7,000 :joy:

The second candidate was even worse. She’s unemployed, she gets €107 per week job seekers benefit and she has savings of €3,000. She wants to get a mortgage with her boyfriend who is also on the dole. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:I mean what planet are these people on.

Would ye ever fuck off. Here I’ve collected 100 empty pizza boxes, give us a house would ya?

8 Likes

Mum and dad? Is that what they are paying them? Someone paying 20 a week is ready for the real world alright

That’s actually more than thousands of people in Ireland have done to get a free house.

1 Like

She’s obviously missing a trick here. She needs your man to knock her up and hey presto she’ll be a single mother and will get a house for nothing and some more benefits.

Either that or get a job but option A is probably easier alright.

And make sure he knocks her up a second time so they have a boy and a girl, so she’ll get a 3 bed house.

And an 11 year old daughter

Slightly harsh on the 2nd girl, albeit she was a bit of a flute. She clearly had mental health issues and did end up getting two jobs. And had 3k in savings despite being on the dole.

Yer man the financial advisor is brilliant. He doesnt pull any punches

He’s good alright

The new Eddie Hobbs

http://theropery.ie/

3-bed from €735k and 4-bed from €825k. In the shadows of the Gasworks Apartments so they’ve put the bedrooms on the ground floor (no light) and living room, kitchen etc on the top two floors.

Will Google not just buy them all.

But it’s called the ropery. That’s worth a couple of hundred grand in anyone’s book.

rope a dope…

The dopery

Wouldnt have much issue with that as long as good noise insulation. Look like decent gaffs in a great location. Pricing is mad

All of that wood panelling looks lovely…now.