Getting On The Property Ladder vs The Dreaded Commute

There’s a lot of architects out there that should be beaten with lengths of cedar cladding

6 Likes

The Rapery

3 Likes

Fuckin spoofers.The hand out then every time they scratch their arse

1 Like

@Gman

Are they concrete or Timber Frame builds?

Just looking at them now you’d fear they’d fall asunder within 50 years.

The timber frame crisis will explode in twenty years. It will swell, rot and fall assunder, down on top of families. You’d be better off with a house made of pyrite.

4 Likes

Commuting from the NORTHSIDE today for the first time since 2003.

cc @Horsebox.

5 Likes

Congrats mate. Coolock is up and coming big time

North side as in Monaghan?

If we can fix that crater going through the pitch and around the locality then I’m committed to developing hurling in Magheracloone GGA club.

1 Like

Congratulations @Bandage. Make sure to pay your respects to the local don or you’ll come home one day to find all your carpets sliced.

Any opinion on a house of timber frame construction @gman @fran ? Not so much building but I’m interested in a house for sale that’s about 10yrs old and it’s timber frame construction. Is that a negative?

Have you never read the three little pigs?

12 Likes

A place to let it all hang out.

I have little or no experience of timber framed houses but anything built in the last 10 years should be good quality. @Gman would have a better idea. Assume the outer leaf of the external wall is brick / blockwork anyway. One advantage would be flexibility in that it would be a lot easier to change layouts internally. Disadvantages maybe lifespan of timber as opposed to concrete and maybe sound / thermal insulation

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

e550 is reasonable,guys even in the sticks in Cork paying over 1500,ref commute as you get older that has to be a major consideration, Ireland’s attitude to renting is archaic, friend in Vienna, council apartment ,will never own it,long lease, parking ,tram,bus,cycle lane outside the door, working/middle class,any fcuking about drunk,hassle,law called,3 strikes, and on a serious yellow card,any more fcuking about getting cops involved,lease is revoked,no parties ,noise after 11.30,e800 per month,she’s a Romanian,but now naturalised Austrian,no hassle ref race etc,as long as one behaves no issues

Full. Fucking. Stop.

3 Likes

Like it…

Is that a sentence? What in the fuck are you trying to say?

1 Like

he’s using the 550 euro a month from a post from '07. I don’t think he fully gets the nuances of the place.