GGA brawl in wicklow- the aftermath

to say im seething after reading this is an understatement- the giy brought to hospital was concussed & swallowed his tongue & the police are more than likely going to get involved yet the wicklow GGA think its grand- what the fuck

Wicklow ‘brawlers’ may be let off hook

A leading Wicklow official has suggested that despite one player being brought directly from the field of play to hospital by ambulance, and seven more being sent off, the two clubs involved in a shocking row may yet escape any further sanctions.

Two ambulances were called to the pitch and there was a lengthy delay while a Stratford player was treated on the ground before being taken directly to hospital.

He was released the next day and his club would make no comment yesterday on any aspect of their senior football league match with Rathnew last Saturday that was marred by the brawl.

Wicklow County Board Chairman Andrew O’Brien commented yesterday that he was satisfied that “both clubs were totally compliant (after the melee) and the referee was totally in control”.

In the shocking outburst of violence, fighting spread down the pitch for several minutes with up to 20 players allegedly involved.

A player from Rathnew is also reported to have lost two teeth as a result. When the row was finally quelled three player from Stratford and two from Rathnew were reported lying on the ground and the referee, who had earlier dismissed a Rathnew player, then sent off three men from each side.

O’Brien indicated that the local Competitions Control Committee (CCC) will act on the recommendations of referee Eddie Leonard’s report but his comments indicated that the board may yet opt to take no further action.

“We’ll see what the referee’s report says but those cards were issued and they will be dealt with by the CCC,” said O’Brien. "I don’t’ know what else took place but from what I hear the referee received no interference from either clubs’ officials or management in his decision to play the rest of the match and everything that went on was totally on the field of play.

“Both clubs were totally compliant in that and the referee was totally in control,” O’Brien added.

County Boards do have the option of instigating their own investigation into a serious breach of indiscipline, especially if they feel there were serious incidents that were not adequately covered by a referee’s report.

Wicklow County Board have worked hard in recent years to try to erase the county of its reputation for indiscipline and previously came down hard on clubs as well as players. In 2004, after a two-month investigation into incidents which marred their county senior hurling final, two Glenealy hurlers were suspended for two years while several others got one-year bans.

Each club was also fined 2,000 each and lost home advantage for any subsequent meetings over the next two years in what was a very strong message about discipline from the board.

Two years later they had to instigate another probe following violent scenes after an IHC hurling semi-final when a Glenealy hurler alleged he was bitten on the chest and threatened with having his house burnt down, and a photographer was also threatened.

But Wicklow are not the only county with discipline problems and the Carlow and Laois boards are currently investigating club incidents

If only Betfair was as lenient with forum transgressors, NCC.

ill be back

Disgraceful banning from what I’ve heard. Freedom of expression trampled under the jackboot of a fascist moderator. Reminds me of somewhere else.

:smiley:

Don’t get me started on Clarehurlers SS**

some hun sqealed after i said up the ra on a celtic rangers thread:)

Your eulogy over there must bring a tear to your eye, NCC.

I suppose Betfair would be a bit nervy about pro IRA sentiment seeing as their office is sited a stones throw from the abortive Hammersmith bridge bombing target.

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Your eulogy over there must bring a tear to your eye, NCC.

I suppose Betfair would be a bit nervy about pro IRA sentiment seeing as their office is sited a stones throw from the abortive Hammersmith bridge bombing target.[/QUOTE]

handsome shay emailed me the details

i emailed betfair & asked why i was banned & they sai d someone complained- i asked about what & they havent been able to tell me

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an MI5 file opened on you after this incident, NCC

NAME: Tubbsy
NOTES: Likes Celtic and the Provisional IRA
THREAT LEVEL: Orange

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an MI5 file opened on you after this incident, NCC

NOTES: Likes Celtic & his beloved Roma and the Provisional IRA
THREAT LEVEL: Gold[/QUOTE]

fixed that

[quote=“SHANNONSIDER**”]Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an MI5 file opened on you after this incident, NCC

NOTES: Likes Celtic and the Provisional IRA
THREAT LEVEL: Orange[/quote]

[quote=“sid waddell”][B]Companies that are the same[/B]

The Real IRA, the Continuity IRA and MI5.
[/quote]

:eek::eek::eek:

met someone involved in this at lunchtime. as i suspected it was no more than high jinks. and nobody was knocked unconscious, at least not for very long.
both clubs have moved on as is the GAA way.

Any link to the thread on Betfair that got you your banning, NCC?

[quote=“HBV*”]met someone involved in this at lunchtime. as i suspected it was no more than high jinks. and nobody was knocked unconscious, at least not for very long.
both clubs have moved on as is the GAA way.[/QUOTE]

poor lad swallowed his tongue- im 100% sure of that

:)[quote=“Bandage”]Any link to the thread on Betfair that got you your banning, NCC?[/QUOTE]

nah, some hun said well done the gers & i responded with up the ra:thumbsup:

i got banned for that

I discovered today that this brawling behaviour is part of our National Identity, whatever the fuck National Identity is.

arent you a yank?

I have developed a personal identity, I don’t need someone telling me what I should be. Hence comes the term:

Flano will do his own thing.

[quote=“Flano”]I have developed a personal identity, I don’t need someone telling me what I should be. Hence comes the term:

Flano will do his own thing.[/QUOTE]

:):):thumbsup::clap:

:clap::clap:

[quote=“Flano”]I have developed a personal identity, I don’t need someone telling me what I should be. Hence comes the term:

Flano will do his own thing.[/QUOTE]

could you not just accept yourself for who you are?