GGA Player Fails Drug test

[quote=“north county corncrake”]says the defender of the poppy & the british army

:)[/quote]

Wahey :smiley:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]says the defender of the poppy & the british army

:)[/quote]

I never defended it, just said that Celtic, being a British club :D, should wear it and honour their dead fathers.

ah the fid def of the LOI, where a failed drugs test means that you could’nt score smack in 20 minutes

and home of this delight

ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC have sacked high-earning midfielder Michael Keane for being too overweight.

The 25-year-old, who takes home a weekly wage in excess of 3,000, was summoned to Richmond Park on Thursday and informed that he was being let go as he had failed to adhere to an ultimatum set down earlier this year regarding his physical condition. Keane is now set to appeal the decision, with the matter destined to go through the Eircom League’s legal channels. If successful in fighting his case, Keane will look for the Saints to pay out the remaining 18 months of his contract, which would amount to more than 200,000.

However, the Saints sought legal advice before expelling Keane and are confident that he is in breach of a clause in his contract regarding a player’s physical fitness.

As a teenager, Keane was tipped for big things after breaking into the first team at Preston North End. Alas, he did not follow through on that early promise and returned to Ireland after stints with Hull, Grimsby and Rotherham.

He was a regular in the Saints side last season after his arrival in July despite concerns about his size, but this year Keane has been out of favour with manager Johnny McDonnell, making just two appearances as a substitute in the league.

Keane received a letter from the club earlier this year instructing him to lose weight and was given a target to aim towards. Failing to meet that goal was the reason offered for his dismissal. In his defence, the player will argue that he hasn’t missed a training session during his time with the club. Should the Saints survive any appeal decision by Keane then it could prove to be a landmark case. The PFAI fear that other clubs would use it as a reference point for removing players from their wage bill.

Defender David Partridge is also on his way out of Richmond Park, with his situation complicated by the fact that he is sidelined for the next three months with an arm injury sustained in an off-the-field incident.

[quote=“artfoley”]ah the fid def of the LOI, where a failed drugs test means that you could’nt score smack in 20 minutes

and home of this delight

ST PATRICK’S ATHLETIC have sacked high-earning midfielder Michael Keane for being too overweight.

The 25-year-old, who takes home a weekly wage in excess of 3,000, was summoned to Richmond Park on Thursday and informed that he was being let go as he had failed to adhere to an ultimatum set down earlier this year regarding his physical condition. Keane is now set to appeal the decision, with the matter destined to go through the Eircom League’s legal channels. If successful in fighting his case, Keane will look for the Saints to pay out the remaining 18 months of his contract, which would amount to more than 200,000.

However, the Saints sought legal advice before expelling Keane and are confident that he is in breach of a clause in his contract regarding a player’s physical fitness.

As a teenager, Keane was tipped for big things after breaking into the first team at Preston North End. Alas, he did not follow through on that early promise and returned to Ireland after stints with Hull, Grimsby and Rotherham.

He was a regular in the Saints side last season after his arrival in July despite concerns about his size, but this year Keane has been out of favour with manager Johnny McDonnell, making just two appearances as a substitute in the league.

Keane received a letter from the club earlier this year instructing him to lose weight and was given a target to aim towards. Failing to meet that goal was the reason offered for his dismissal. In his defence, the player will argue that he hasn’t missed a training session during his time with the club. Should the Saints survive any appeal decision by Keane then it could prove to be a landmark case. The PFAI fear that other clubs would use it as a reference point for removing players from their wage bill.

Defender David Partridge is also on his way out of Richmond Park, with his situation complicated by the fact that he is sidelined for the next three months with an arm injury sustained in an off-the-field incident.[/quote]

typical IOTM GGA behaviour by Art - a Kerry player(not the first player from kerry to fail a drug test) gets done for taking a drug that is used as a masking agent for steroids & he replies with a non related story about an overweight footballer:rolleyes:

Whose the other player?

Mucko O’Waveastick is the other one.

Thanks for clearing that up Flano

wasn’t there a shamrock rovers goalkeeper banned from football a few years ago for failing a drug test…poor lad was probably only trying to fit in with the fans behind the goal…

i did also point the LOI drug test, i.e here’s 20 now go get me a fix, you have 20 minutes

Does that, eh, work?

Just curious…

:slight_smile:

i heard it was willie joe bogscrot

wasnt it the dubs fans that were snorting coke of the bogs in the hill - no bother with them snorting coke but they could do it in a more hygenic place
ryan was done for recreational drugs & was banned. I would a assume a few Hoops fans like recreational drugs

this here is a lot more sinister though - this is a performance enhancing drugs

[quote=“north county corncrake”]:slight_smile:

i heard it was willie joe bogscrot[/quote]

nice fella him…he’s from deepest Fingal isn’t he…absolute inbred mucker of the highest order…

oh dear

Beta-2 Adrenergic Agonists
When inhaled, beta-2 agonists relax the smooth muscle in the airways of asthma patients by mimicking the actions of epinephrine and norepinephrine, substances that are secreted by sympathetic nerves. However when injected into the bloodstream, these drugs can build muscle mass (anabolic effect) and reduce body fat (catabolic effect). The anabolic effect appears to directly affect building proteins in the muscles, which is independent of nervous or cardiovascular effects. Some examples of beta-2 agonists include:

Clenbuterol
Tertbutaline
Salbutamol
Fenoterol
Bambuterol
Some of these substances are permitted in inhaler forms with written medical consent.
The major side effects include:

Nausea, headaches and dizziness because these substances constrict blood vessels in the brain
Muscle cramps because they constrict blood vessels in muscles
Rapid heart beats or flutters because they stimulate heart rate

It also treats asthma you know.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]

this here is a lot more sinister though - this is a performance enhancing drugs[/quote]

Too fuckin right, snorting cocaine is a minor indiscretion compared to using an asthma inhaler. :slight_smile:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]wasnt it the dubs fans that were snorting coke of the bogs in the hill - no bother with them snorting coke but they could do it in a more hygenic place
ryan was done for recreational drugs & was banned. I would a assume a few Hoops fans like recreational drugs

this here is a lot more sinister though - this is a performance enhancing drugs[/quote]

having seen league of ireland “soccer” I can indeed confirm that no players are on performance enhancing drugs

NCC who was the first…yet again you have just dreamed up something to back up your arguement…your worse than Mary Lou McDonell;)…stick to the facts…

Ill have to speak to Art before I can disclose names & see is my source strong enough

however lets not get sidetracked -this discussion is about the current Kerry player that was involved in performance enhancing drugs

[quote=“north county corncrake”]Ill have to speak to Art before I can disclose names & see is my source strong enough

however lets not get sidetracked -this discussion is about the current Kerry player that was involved in performance enhancing drugs[/quote]

No you can reveal the name of the player if he was already found to have taken a performance enhancing drug and/or failed a drugs test NCC…

I don’t think we should be casting aspersions until the facts of this come out…There have been numerous cases in a wide range of sports where athletes/players have failed drug tests due to asthma inhalers but were cleared of any wrong doing after the facts came to light…Frankie sheahan is one that springs to mind