GGA player has depression

Big arms. She would be more than a match for many on this site

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

In fairness her story is a fairly tough one. I think most people would suffer from it.

http://youtu.be/8Kh7NcJ9xoY

most people suffer from depression?

Is there a causal link between playing GAA and depression?

Good question. I would theroize playing IC is now unbelievably difficult and bad for the majority of players wealth, health and relationship maintainence. Outside a few select counties, and even the lower profile players in rich/successful counties i would say it can be a very trying experience.

I mean what have the Armagh squad got out of this year? I would say f-all.

2 Likes

you stupid cunt

You stupid cunt.

who’s a stupid cunt?

Rocko

1 Like

the same as every other team really, maybe winning a medal in September give a bit of gratitude for 20 or so lads but at the moment Clare, Limerick, Armagh, Carlow, they’ve all been thru the same shite and have f all to show for it, now whether that makes a fella depressed or not i dunno but id say if it does then they should really pack it in
would you say players in Carlow are more depressed than say Donegal?

Kev says you, I say Kev. Who am I again?

i cant follow the replies

Who are you replying to there, Mick?

ah for fuck sake, who is talking to who here? for christ sake rocko, do something about this shambles

1 Like

I have no research or even discussions of this natrure with anyone from those camps, but logically i would think ya its more likely the carlow lads would be open to it. The satisfaction the donegal lads would be getting from competitiveness and success won’t cover everything in your life, but it will give you loads of satisfaction. That has to harder for someone with a div.4 team. Especially considering ho tribal GAA is and how emotionally attached most people are.

Bullshit.

Surely the endorphins being released during regular 6am gym sessions and/or sprints up mountains would make GGA players less prone to depression. Even if they’re not successful teams, they still get the benefit of savage amounts of exercise. Pat Spillane said Carlow train as hard as Kerry.

1 Like

They don’t have to work full time. A lot of these players get decent jobs and preferential treatment because of their county player status.

They get an awful lot of perks out of playing football.