GGA Players-Lazy,fat and dandy

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 737871, member: 366”]The spectacular point Kiernan deliberately misses is that GAA players have to work like the rest of us whereas “elite athletes” are paid by grants to train hard.
Forgive me if I hold a GAA player in higher esteem than a freeloader getting government money to endulge a whim of finishing 15th in the European cross country championships.[/quote]

GGA players are work-shy freeloaders.

fuck

Sure didnt Leinster Rugby have to hire a GAA man and all ireland winning captain to keep the Irish Rugby captain, former Irish captain, a few Lions and co fit!! Brian Cullen

Why do they get grants anyway…?

Lets be honest, sports funding is retarded. The big three get way too much and everyone else gets too little. The majority should be pumped into local facilities that provide for as many sports and interests as possible.

[quote=“Turenne, post: 737938, member: 232”]Why do they get grants anyway…?

Lets be honest, sports funding is retarded. The big three get way too much and everyone else gets too little. The majority should be pumped into local facilities that provide for as many sports and interests as possible.[/quote]
Yeah there should be funding for Tip the Hat, Kick the Can and Knock A Dolly.

Conor Gormley is proof of that

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 737871, member: 366”]The spectacular point Kiernan deliberately misses is that GAA players have to work like the rest of us whereas “elite athletes” are paid by grants to train hard.
Forgive me if I hold a GAA player in higher esteem than a freeloader getting government money to endulge a whim of finishing 15th in the European cross country championships.[/quote]

the point you miss is that you cant work and be an elite athlete. The GGA players arent elite athletes , they are generally fat, lazy muldoons who the state pay

also there are 1000s of athletes in better sports putting in more commitment than GGA players

I myself train harder than an inter county GGA player

I disagree with him here but Jerry is an alright sort generally.

He had a right cut off rugby football on Off The Ball a few months back, slated the sport. “No-one in Ireland plays rugby.” :clap:

I think you’re missing his point. He’s talking about GAA players getting grants and still being unfit. Not sure his point is universally correct (or what context he made it in) but he’s not slagging them for being unfit and amateur. He’s slagging them for getting grants (like other freeloaders you mention) and still being unfit.

[quote=“FingalRaven, post: 737949, member: 80”]the point you miss is that you cant work and be an elite athlete. The GGA players arent elite athletes , they are generally fat, lazy muldoons who the state pay

also there are 1000s of athletes in better sports putting in more commitment than GGA players

I myself train harder than an inter county GGA player[/quote]

I reckon you could put together a team of 4 inter county GAA players to beat the Irish 4 x 100m relay team or at least go toe to toe with em! Cathal Naughton, Jack McCaffrey, Darran O’Sullivan, Paul Kerrigan.

Why would you need a grant to enjoy your hobby? The whole thing is bemusing.

Ah come on. That’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Is it Rocko???

Paul Kerrigan? Is that the fat lad that plays for Cork that has a huge arse??

:smiley:

[quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 738022, member: 1052”]Paul Kerrigan? Is that the fat lad that plays for Cork that has a huge arse??

:D[/quote]

yes! but he is fast!1

Yes. Yes it is.

Totti [quote=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 738022, member: 1052”]Paul Kerrigan? Is that the fat lad that plays for Cork that has a huge arse??

:D[/quote]
Totti in “I watch the GAA to look at men’s arses” shocker ::o:

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 738034, member: 141”]Totti
Totti in “I watch the GAA to look at men’s arses” shocker ::eek::[/quote]

Totti Clamped.

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 738034, member: 141”]Totti
Totti in “I watch the GAA to look at men’s arses” shocker ::eek::[/quote]

I watch GGA to assemble information that aids me in ridiculing the backward yokels who proudly follow it.

You should have a coming out party m8.