Gigs coming up

I’ve been trying to up it to 60 but between feeding the ‘guests’, on top of the fake family, it’s impossible to find the time.

1 Like

Everybody dies. Some people never live.

Was the cookie tasty?

All set for the Gloaming tomorrow night. Just picked up the ticket from the NCH box office.

1 Like

Me too.

Did you enjoy that? I thought it was magic. Seem like genuinely good guys as well. Iarla has some art of pipes in fairness.

You and I are after seeing two world class acts at the absolute peak of their powers this week pal. Memories to treasure.

I saw you in the lobby before the gig but you were gone before I could get out of the seat.

By the way the Gloaming gave a big shout out tonight to their sound man Matt Purcell from Clare. Anyone know if it’s the Clarehurlers Matt Purcell.?

I’d say it’s the same fella fagan.

It was beautiful. O Lionard’s voice has some incredible qualities. I enjoyed it more when I saw them three or four years ago, not quite sure why, less talking perhaps. It was fantastic though. It’s been a good week alright. Change of tack next week, Lee Burridge.

Izal tonight in the Button Factory.

On The Gloaming. I tried, I tried and I tried, but could not get into them…

It’s ok mate - they play about 200 gigs a year. You’ll have many more chances.

I wasn’t talking about getting into the NCH, I was talking about their music

Yes I was surprised by the quality of Iarla’s voice live. I’ve only ever heard recordings. Beautiful tone to it. Three or four years ago I ignored them, taking the farmer line that they were a petit bourgeois construct but I have now seen the error of my ways.

@chocolatemice ahead of the curve again.

1 Like

Tickets got for this, fucking yes!!!

1 Like

That’s a cracking line up tbf

We finally found common ground kid.

I hope Linda Martin gives a good account of herself

3 Likes

BASTARD, I was all set for a Linda Martin quip …

The Cure, Chemical brothers and Hot Chip the best of a bad lot there.

Funnily enough Linda Martin was in a band called Chips back in the 1970s. A rare case of a bag in Chips.

1 Like