Gigs coming up

Didn’t realise that, bro. I know he was big years ago but I thought it was all connected to the line dancing fad that was around at the same time I think and that he had just kind of faded away.

Its amazing the way people from the back arse of nowhere in Ireland flock to back arse of America redneck dumbass music.

Pal. The music ain’t dumbass, it’s world class.

Which day are TFK’ers thinking of going along to Garth, could we consider making it the Summer Jamboree event?

I imagine Friends in Low Places will shake Croker to its foundations :clap: :pint:

Well traditional Irish music had a huge influence on country and western so it’s hardly surprising that the Irish would be fans of it.

Didn’t know that. I like trad music. I can’t stand nearly all country and western, especially the whiny fiddles they often have going on.

There are quiet a few ‘whiny fiddles’ in trad as well mate.

You’re not wrong there pal.

Garth Brooks is box office.

Garth will fill out Croke Park while washed up hacks like Bruce Springsteen is playing one horse towns like Limerick and Kilkenny

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 890590, member: 1137”]Garth Brooks is box office.

Garth will fill out Croke Park while washed up hacks like Bruce Springsteen is playing one horse towns like Limerick and Kilkenny[/quote]
:rolleyes:

Garth will fill out Croke Park while washed up hacks like Bruce Springsteen is playing one horse towns like Limerick and Kilkenny[/quote]
There is no need to elevate Garth by denigrating Bruce, both are stone cold legends of their respective genre’s and beloved in this fair isle.

[/quote]

+1

Absolute legend.

Would it be madness to pay €55 to go see Mike Tyson in the Olympia?

I’m a boxing fan and think he’s one of the most interesting, intelligent and funny sportsmen of all time, but fifty five big ones…pfff. I dunno.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 892476, member: 129”]Would it be madness to pay €55 to go see Mike Tyson in the Olympia?

I’m a boxing fan and think he’s one of the most interesting, intelligent and funny sportsmen of all time, but fifty five big ones…pfff. I dunno.[/quote]

Good interview by Donald McRae in the Guardian today

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/24/mike-tyson-interview-pain-escape-violent-past?CMP=twt_gu

[quote=“chewy louie, post: 892480, member: 1137”]Good interview by Donald McRae in the Guardian today

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jan/24/mike-tyson-interview-pain-escape-violent-past?CMP=twt_gu[/quote]

That’s what put it in me noggin.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 892476, member: 129”]Would it be madness to pay €55 to go see Mike Tyson in the Olympia?

I’m a boxing fan and think he’s one of the most interesting, intelligent and funny sportsmen of all time, but fifty five big ones…pfff. I dunno.[/quote]

You tight cunt!!!

Ah come on. It’s not like he’s fighting. But yeah, it’d be good…unless you just read the book instead…

What’s the going rate for going to see a rapist?

All the feminist groups are up in arms about this. I’d nearly pay the money for that reason alone

A THIRD gig announced :clap:

http://cdn4.independent.ie/incoming/article29932737.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/gar.jpg