Gigs coming up

https://youtu.be/e8Uhf3gM1m0

He’s different… Nothing major there tho, bro.

I just think he acts the complete clown in that video. It’s embarrassing.

The Pixies were cracking again last night. Last year they started off with four or five new songs before knocking out some favourites. This time they just ripped into it and opened with gouge away and debaser. Crowd a but subdued cause of being a Sunday evening but got going after a while. They tear through songs and don’t even pause for applause. Fuckin brilliant.

Where was that on?

Trinity. Good venue. Although I preferred iveagh gardens last summer.

1 Like

U2 in the Olympia Stadion Berlin

Sounded great. Great acoustics in the stadium. Obviously using some technology now to help the vocals.

Start of the show was great. 9 of their best songs

Bad was fantastic.

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year’s Day
Bad
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still

Sort of petered out then - side 2 of the Joshua Tree doesn’t really work as a concert

1 Like

I am not a U2 fan but I love the intro to that.

I was in Bruxelles years ago and they had that blaring downstairs. A real sense of celebrating the song which came from this city. Good moment.

3 Likes

I saw the set list for this earlier and it looked immense (in terms of the number of songs).

Nothing from Indie Cindy which, to me, is well better than their last album which is utterly awful.

Picked up The Killers tickets for the gig in 3 Arena in November

New album “Wonderful Wonderful” out in September

It surely won’t be

2 Likes

Fleet Foxes tonight in Iveagh Gardens.
Left my beard a bit scraggy over past fortnight to feel more at home.

2 Likes

I listened to Smile Like You Mean It and it could be making a late entry to my wedding playlist.

Need to keep the great unwashed happy.

The title is obviously taken from Ted Lowe’s commentary when Cliff Thorburn sunk the black on the first televised 147.

Not great live.

sound unreal

Did you take lots of photos

Yeah it was great. Never saw them play into the white before which they ended on. Fantastic. No bone machine which was the song that the crowd erupted to when they played last year.

Fleet foxes tomorrow.

Lukaku doing a set at Longitude tonight I think, anyone heading along?

1 Like

I’m reviewing it for the Evening Herald.

2 Likes