Giving to Charity

Sounds ominous. There was none of that info in the earlier reports.

have you seen the creditors? they were warehousing PAYE payments during COVID - why? their income was consistant if not increasing - thats a criminal act in itself

Its nearly at the stage now where you’d have doubts about every National charity. Better focus on the local ones where you can see the impact of donation money. Or just give it to your local hospice.

1 Like

Been saying it for years. All charity begins at home

Waste of money giving money to the big charities. I only donate to 2 charities, St Francis Hospice in Raheny and a small Autism charity called Snowflakes that is in the Swords area. At least I can see where the money the goes there and what they do. The bigger ones its just a big black hole.

7 Likes

Prescient

6 Likes

Thats the only way i feel to donate. If you know the people running it or using the service. I dont trust the big guys, very evident on this thread. Red flag for me is when you see professional chuggers looking for subscriptions

8.3 million revenue bill

These 2 paragraphs raise a fair few questions

It has since sold a large property used for homeless accommodation in Santry, north Dublin, for €1 million, with plans to bring in a further €5.87 million by selling more properties.

The charity reported €60 million in income last year, some €43 million of which came from public funding, with the vast majority of the remainder made up from donations.

2 Likes

Anyone of our marathon runners raising money for charity? DM me if you are :+1:

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2023/1027/1413403-mcverry-trust-ordered-to-complete-300k-site-purchase/

They’ve fucked this so badly

The lads on the other side of that deal are the definition of cute kerry hoors.

1 Like

The Tour de Munster raised over €442,652.72 for this years edition, €417,772.72 going to Munster DSI branches and the balance to four other charities. The six Munster branches also hold one day cycling events to raise more funds for themselves, it was reported that the Limerick branch raised over €95k for their 3 Counties Cycle in September.
If anyone on here contributed to any of these events, thank you. These are massive amounts but all badly needed.
I’ll have to go back in 2024 :see_no_evil:

19 Likes

THIS IS DOCTOR GEORGINA JORDAN OF GOAL ANXIOUSLY ROARING AT YOU THROUGH A KITCHEN FOIL CARDBOARD TUBE FROM AN OFFICE IN DUBLIN REMINDING YOU OF ALL THE SHIT PLACES AND PEOPLE IN THE WORLD

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/jackpowerit/status/1729075602286674422?s=46&t=hy6wc4bLZMiyfotc20UniQ

I fucking hate that ad, now we Donacha getting in on the act as well.

Please read below lads. Doesnt even require donating cash. Savage cause. Kid across the road from us has a very tough condition and gets amazing support from them.
Please fill it out with your kids.

This is a nice thing for the kids & to raise funds for The Jack and Jill Foundation.
Glenveagh homes has launched a North Portal for children to unlock to make sure Santa can get in to their house to drop the presents if there’s no chimney in the house.

It’s a cute little gimmick for the kids, and they can print out a cert afterwards. Most importantly, for every person who uses it, Glenveagh will donate a euro up to a value of €50K which would be a massive boost for our fundraising. If you have two mins with the kids would you mind going on to www.thenorthportal.ie and using it?

1 Like

Done (x4) pal.

If you use incognito tab, it doesn’t register you’ve done it already :wink:

1 Like

Why can’t we have nice things

The relationship between O’Neills and the GAA is definitely worthy of a closer look…

1 Like