Golden Whip

David Beckham was absolute shite for England there last night.

Will it be the end of the road for him?

Capello will surely give him the road…

Is it the end for Golden Balls?

In fairness to the chap he has 100+ international caps, has all the medals he could possibly have at club level and done the dirt on Posh Spice and got away with it.

A Tip of the cap to Becks.

Anyone see that he is in an ad now for a permanent marker? Definietly a has-been.

Posh Spice and Rebecca Loos - whilst both are doable alright neither is great in the overall scheme of things…

He doesn’t have the mobility to get up the field and make a yard for himself to whip in his trademark crosses and he’s therefore easy to defend against. Defenders simply stand right in front of him and block his avenue to cross the ball and he’s therefore not worth his place in the team. Lampard got booed off when he was substituted late on and Gareth Barry spent the game trying the difficult pass and invariably conceding possession. Gerrard wasn’t at home on the left wing either.

Chris Waddle was the first English commentator I’ve heard publicly state that Rooney hasn’t kicked on. He said he’s still the same player he was when he was 17 and hasn’t the guile or game intelligence to play in the free role behind the lone striker. I was flabbergasted when he said it but he was spot on. He was advocating shunting Rooney onto the left where United have played him at times and giving Joe Cole or Gerrard the role off the striker. He also said it was an inept performance, England were going nowhere and the next generation of players coming after Beckham like Downing, Bentley et al simply weren’t up to it. Refreshingly honest in my opinion.

Getting back to Beckham, he’s had a very good career on the pitch and cultivated his status off it to ensure he’ll make money for the rest of his days. Job done, I’d agree.

I saw that pen thing, fucking astonishing, what the hell is the deal there?! The man will sell anything.

Is it wrong that I don’t dislike Beckham? I mean I dont love him or nothing but I think he’s alright. He seems a nice guy, a good father (albeit there was that Loos thing but he is married to a stick, give him a break) and has got the most out of his talent as far as I can see. He seems an honest athlete who looks after himself and has earned a lot of money for himself. Fair fucks to him I say. He is over rated, but thats not so much his fault but the English media who beleived their own hype.

Saw Beckham playing for LA Galaxy on tv a couple of times when I was on honeymoon. He wasn’t great at all - can still strike a ball superbly still but it’s useless if you’ve no movement.

Article in the Guardian today wondering about Rooney’s best position and his end product.

I think Beckham fooking off to play in America at 32 or whatever means that he will always be tarnished.

Arguably had the best right foot in the world in the day and was a huge part of United’s treble (could be a tough bastard too) but then came Beckham the brand and his football suffered consequently.

Never really disliked the guy despite him playing for United - I just found him a joke in the end with his crying in the World Cup and the likes. Rated him highly as a footballer in his day though.

I actually think Rooney has gone back since 2004 Euros if anything. Back then he bossed games and had the ability to win it by himself. Now he is struggling…

Good stuff from Waddle though…

Anyone else think Rooney is suffering from teh injuries or just too much football, or just not being coached properly at United? I always thought it was a result of him having to do the donkey work for Ronaldo but I’m not sure I believe that as much anymore.

As for Beckham fucking off to the States, he’s always been a big MTV gen kid in my eyes. His other option was to come back to the Premiership and play for someone like Spurs, and I dont blame him for not wanting to do that. I think he also realised he’d be found out to a huge degree if he did come back as his powers were waning.

He’s done it all, if he wanted to go live in LA then best of luck to him.

I think it’s lack of coaching to be honest MBB. He still has the aggression and physical attributes and he can still smack a ball pretty hard in the right direction. His problem is he doesn’t know where to stand on a football pitch. He learned after a few months that professional football wasn’t as tough as it was made out to be so he could start throwing his weight around in tackles. So he started doing that a bit more from centre forward. Then he thought he could do that further back too because he’s such a tough little bastard and somewhere along the line he forgot what position he was supposed to be playing.

Ferguson hasn’t helped at all by moving him around to different positions but ultimately it’s Rooney himself who hasn’t learned enough about the game.

[quote=“myboyblue”]

Is it wrong that I don’t dislike Beckham? I mean I dont love him or nothing but I think he’s alright. He seems a nice guy, a good father (albeit there was that Loos thing but he is married to a stick, give him a break) and has got the most out of his talent as far as I can see. He seems an honest athlete who looks after himself and has earned a lot of money for himself. Fair fucks to him I say. He is over rated, but thats not so much his fault but the English media who beleived their own hype.[/quote]

i would be of the same opinion…

[quote=“Bandage”]
Chris Waddle was the first English commentator I’ve heard publicly state that Rooney hasn’t kicked on. He said he’s still the same player he was when he was 17 and hasn’t the guile or game intelligence to play in the free role behind the lone striker. I was flabbergasted when he said it but he was spot on. He was advocating shunting Rooney onto the left where United have played him at times and giving Joe Cole or Gerrard the role off the striker. He also said it was an inept performance, England were going nowhere and the next generation of players coming after Beckham like Downing, Bentley et al simply weren’t up to it. Refreshingly honest in my opinion.
.[/quote]

Waddles actually made some good points.he acknowledged England aren’t technically as good as lot of other teams…the Croats passed them off the park in the european qualifiers in wembley when its was bucketing rain…the czechs were far more incisive with their possession last night…the best homegrown product of premiership, Gerrard, struggles when moved one place to the left and played in a confined space and receiving the ball with his back to goal for a change…I think rooney still plays like he’s in the school yard…he follows the ball everywhere and doesn’t hold his position so effectively gets the ball in positions where he can’t do the damage and also isolates his strike partner like he did defoe last night…Rooney needs to learn to get possession in final third where he can run at defenders…

Ah good old Eckbam, When the legs give up or when Galaxy cop on to him I think he’s heading straight for hollywood.

Imagine the films,

10 things I hate about England,
Nightmare on Becks street - Fergie’s revenge
American History Becks,
Becks to the future - trilogy…
Million dollar becks,

The possibilities are endless.

it couldn’t be worse than some of the films shaquille o neill has starred in…

David Beckham is to join AC Milan in January, according to club vice-president Adriano Galliani.

The England midfielder is under contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy in the MLS, but their regular season finishes on Sunday.

Galliani had indicated at the weekend that Beckham would be invited to train with the club during the coming months, however, it now seems he could sign a short-term deal.

Galliani made the announcement at Milan’s Malpensa airport ahead of his team’s journey to Holland for Thursday’s UEFA Cup game at Heerenveen.

‘The player (Beckham) will train with us and in January he will sign with us until the end of the season,’ he said.

'He will be available for coach Carlo Ancelotti for both the domestic competition and the UEFA Cup.

‘It’s not just a marketing operation but a great acquisition.’

Beckham had been linked with the Rossoneri before leaving Real Madrid for the United States.

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has given the blessing for the former Manchester United star to arrive to the San Siro because Beckham’s arrival means there would be more competition for places in the squad.

‘For me there are no problems,’ he said. ‘The players that will go on the bench will have problems.’

Quite the list of Clubs for a fella with one foot.

Whats the deal with your sig tt?

[quote=“myboyblue”]

Whats the deal with your sig tt?[/quote]

I am a poster who “exhibits the strange personality trait of comparing every single happening in the world to afr and talks about it continuously and repeatedly for no apparent reason”

Milan need an infusion of youth into their team rather than signing the likes of Beckham.

Also, Rooney’s benefitted a lot from playing upfront through the middle in the past couple of months but I’ll be interested to see if he can maintain this level consistently.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Quite the list of Clubs for a fella with one foot.
[/quote]

Some foot it was though in fairness.

Probably had the best right foot in the world.

No arguments here, always liked Beckham as you can see from my post further up the page.

You;re right Bandage about Milan, but its something that has been going on there a while, not enough mid 20 players in the side. They started the season badly losing the opening 2 games, but have won 4 and drew on of the last 5 and beat Inter with a Ronaldinho goal a couple of weeks back. He has hit good form lately too, scoring a couple at the weekend against Sampdoria.

The one bright spark with Milan tho is Pato, who is really starting to shine. With himself and Kaka and ronaldinho firing, Milan could well be challenging at the top again. Beckham would be a terrible move, but it could well be marketing as much as anything, even if it is denied. They are not getting the outside profile you would if in the CL, so may need to boost the coffers with media injection a move for Beckham would give you.

A couple of months on from a lot of posters panning of Rooney he could be set to prove ye wrong. Obviously the hype in the english media and among his cheerleaders Dunphy and the RTE panel is a bit ridiculous but I’ve been hugely impressed by him in the last few games.
It’s amazing the difference genuine confidence can make and almost everything he’s trying lately is coming off. As Bandage says will be interesting to see if he can keep it up but I reckon he will. Has the skill, football brain, strength and attitude to be a genuinely great player I reckon.