Golf Thread

I’m inconsistent myself. It doesn’t make a difference to the enjoyment of it really… Until the day you go out thinking you’ve it cracked

2 Likes

Lads, looking for course recommendations in East Cork. Fota seems extortionately priced and Castlemartyr not much better. Any others around there that are above decent?

I can try get you a deal at Fota

What classes as a deal? Currently looking for 120 a head for 2 weeks time. Ridiculous money

Yeah I wouldnt pay that for fota. I’ll talk to Kevin and see if I can get you guest rates. Still be over 60 quid like

Hes a very whimsical chap so it depends on his mood, I wont promise you anything.

If its value you’re after, east cork is a grand track, short and tight but in good condition. Probably about 30/40 quid on weekends. Hard to get a tee time

Waterrock going is a massive blow to the area

1 Like

Thanks. Let me know what you find. Someone mentioned to me that East Cork isn’t open to visitor bookings yet, only for open competitions. Didn’t realise waterrock was gone.

Anything outside of those 4 within 30 mins drive of Garryvoe?

Cobh is definitely opened for visitors. It’s reasonable price wise too and in good nick. It’s not an easy walk though, in my opinion

Youghal is very reasonable but I think it’s a kip

Cobh is 35.
Youghal is 30.

I’d play cobh 7 days a week over youghal

1 Like

Twas a grand track, real pity.

Good to know. Cobh can be the backup plan so.

Mahon is a public course but its a grand spot if your just looking for a casual round

Douglas is nice. Ring the clubhouse and see bitwhat the green fee is. I’d say it would be good bit cheaper than fota anyway

1 Like

Very hard to get our in mahon at the weekend

He said he’d be able to do something but to ask him closer to the time. Something might be 80 quid mac.

It’s looking resplendent today

Thanks for that. Will PM you when we know exact dates.

Interested to hear if ‘ready golf’ is being promoted where ye play lads… Vs the traditional ‘honour’ or furthest plays first…

Would have always done this with friends but didn’t realise there was a name for it and it is now actively promoted

If ready, pull the trigger.

Only time I’d waiver from that is if a lad has birdied previous hole. He gets the honour of course

2 Likes

Yeah… The rules now promote ready golf…i.e. Pull trigger everywhere if ready

If a fella is going well he probably won’t want to tee off first everywhere… I certainly would prefer a second to draw my breath

the lads I play with, we just bang away whoever is ready. We’d walk to our own ball unless someone was inline of a fella’s shot. If a fella goes in the trees, the other players hit, then go help yer man look.

If playing with not the lads, I’d be reluctant to take the honor from someone that earned it, in a competition for example, I’d be a quick player so 99% of lads would say belt away if you’re ready, you always get a small subset of cunts who’ll slow it down AND take the honour

2 Likes

You’re really at the mercy of what the groups ahead of you are doing. And when timesheet is full there will always be one who will slow it down for everyone. Generally it is the really shit lads take up the most time lining up putts and so on. I lost patience last week with one crowd who spent 7 or 8 minutes looking for a ball. It took an hour 45 to play 6 holes. I didn’t think they were within range so I let rip. Walked up to ball to find they had placed a tee behind it. I’m not sure what message they were trying to send.

I almost killed a fella down in Kenmare last year, same thing, they were slow as fuck, we were waiting 10 minutes on every tee box. I can’t remember the hole but it’s a slight left to right dog leg, All their bags were up by the green but there was no sign of golfers, the stupid cunts put their bags up to the green and then walked back 100 yards to look for another cunts golf ball, all out of sight, unknown to us. General consensus was to belt away, 3 of our lads hit, all grand, went left, I absolutely melted one but pushed it slightly right, we start walking and this big fat cunt comes roaring back the fairway shouting that he was nearly after being killed. The ball whizzed apast his ear. Closest I ever came to a punching match on a golf course.

Can this thread be closed pending review.