Golf Thread

That’s great value. Go for it.

The society I’m in was supposed to go out foreign next month but that’s off now so we might do this instead

Excellent deal. Scotts Hotel is basic but couldn’t be more central in Killarney and has a decent bar

Three great courses. You’d pay 100+ a head for a green fee there easy

1 Like

Go again. Thats absolutely savage value.

Tralee is 250 euros on it’s own.
Ballybunion old is 250 as well
Waterville 250

So that’s 750 just for the golf without the hotel.

Is that only open to societies?

1 Like

Played golf with a fella today who was knocking around irish amateur teams 10 years ago but never kicked on. Fuck me it’s a different sport he plays. He knocked a 7 iron onto a 580 yard par 5 in 2

1 Like

Hold on, 580 there = 350/360 + 220/230… That is top-50 pro standard

He flushed the drive, around 340. Had 200 on the angle of a dog leg over trees to the front and hit a 7 iron pin high. I shit you not. He was on or around every par 5 in 2

He had an iffy short game. Chunked a few chips. Was around 1 under for 14 holes and there was plenty more in him

You get better playing with these fellas

Did you ever play club team comps like the Purcell?

Played a few holes the other night and watched tail end of a senior cup match. Two scratch golfers… One fella had the igmony of knocking his tee shot on a par 3 about 4 yards in front of him… Hit the ground about 2 feet before the ball :man_facepalming:

No. I never played a team competition. I’m only after getting enough confidence to play with lads i don’t know in the last 2 year.

Theres a mistake in everyone. This fella today was very poor with his wedges, but his touch is gone. He hadn’t played in a while.

Its mad, the swing looks no different than most lads but then the ball just takes off and keeps going

2 Likes

I wouldn’t fancy it either

1 Like

Would they be that expensive this year with no yanks?

I’d say you could do a deal alright

Heading out this afternoon for 18. Don’t get out too often these days with work/toddler etc so I relish the chances I can. Giddy.

8 Likes

I hadn’t played in years until recently. I would play 7 days a week now if I could

2 Likes

I’m an extremely average (ie inconsistent/poor) golfer but I always enjoy any outing. Fairly addictive

3 Likes

Enjoy. Where are you headed?

Course called Charlesland near Greystones. Decent enough parkland course beside the sea. Some nice holes including a 215m par 3 from the top of a hill to a green below.

2 Likes

Got a cracking day for it yesterday, the West was in fine condition, greens are very testing with a good few pins cut on slopes etc but really enjoyable day out. My mate agrees with you that the East is the better course, must be a fine job if it is.

Incidentally, Enniskerry village is a grand little spot in the sunshine. Hadn’t been down there in years.

1 Like

I know it well. Enjoy. A good day for it.

1 Like

Lovely part of the world. Great views.

1 Like