Golf Thread

Had you that tee’d up. It’s absolutely begging to be hit.

That’s stunning bud

1 Like

The hole just before the par 3 across the pond? If it’s the hole I am thinking about I have put the ball in that big raveen after thinking I’ve hit a good tee shot.

Yeah the 7th. It’s only a driver of the blues

I can say hand on heart that was my drive. I can also truthfully say I missed the green pin high left

That happens. Did you get up and down?

I should have :man_facepalming:t2: missed a four footer

1 Like

I had four 3 putts today and finished +5 for 9.

I never felt as bad after striking the ball so well. I nearly gawked after one of the 3 putts from 15 feet

2 Likes

Unbelievable spot. very fair also

Outstanding course,nicest looking I’ve ever played . I actually played better the yesterday on the Heath course.

1 Like

How much? Iv played it 30 or 40 times. It used to be fierce value midweek during the recession

No bother there either v welcoming spot

1 Like

That’s a fierce daunting looking tee shot in the first picture

Trees, trees, ditch, run off, trees, hedge, small bit of green

It’s actually grand. You’d want a bad miss to get it wet. There are two tougher par 3s on the course

I cant see any easy up and down left or right

It’s not an easy hole by any means but youre very elevated over it, much more so than that picture suggests. Big green. Front is safe enough

Two other par 3s have water hugging the front of the greens

I was with a society and one of the lads knows the manager so we got the Hotel for one night one dinner in the restaurant,breakfast this morning and 2 rounds of golf for €230. I was chatting the young fella in the proper shop and he said it’s usually €75 midweek and €120 at the weekend

Would you pay 120?

I’d pay it once alright

Decent deal ye got

10 years ago we used to pay 130 to 150 for an midday mid week 4 ball. Place used to be half deserted

No

There is open singles there next Monday for 55 quid