Golf Thread

That’s great value

I’d never pay full price for any golf course. If you ring and speak to a human and do a bit of plamasing you’ll always get a nice bit off.

Mugs booking online for full price are paying about a 30% margin on what they could be paying

1 Like

Golfnow is a great app for that

Very limited tee times. Grand if you’re flexible. You’ll get better deals ringing a pro shop or dropping in

I’d be flexible enough so it suits me

Remember they’re slots they cant fill. If you rang them and booked it theyd let you out cheaper than golf now because golf now have already booked that slot and they don’t have to pay commission

Truedat

Off to play Bantry Bay in the morning. The cunt wouldn’t do a deal

Ring and say those exact words. Was talking to a fella in the pro shop and they fucking hate those websites

Much?

45 a head. Not too steep but was still worth looking for a deal. Plenty of tees available. Prices drop to 30 a head in October.

You wont always get the deal.

I’ve never played it. An aul report if it wouldnt be too much hassle would be appreciated

Was out in ballykisteen last Saturday with a society. It was in great nick. A shame to see it in trouble but economics rules for the private sector

It’s a very tidy track and very reasonable. Shame to see it go.

I’m playing youghal Saturday in a society.

I was told to wear a motorbike helmet because apparently theres loads of holes that crossover

We have ballyneety next month. I don’t like it at all. Played Shannon last month and enjoyed it

Smashing morning for it

2 Likes

I played in a v nice course today. V nice. Cracking weather

We played with a big group I didn’t know the half of them and 12 of us had grub in the afternoon. One lad in his middle 60s ordered lamb well done and we threw the eyes to heaven at the roaster behaviour…

When we got up to leave a few hours later he had paid for all the food and drinks and left before us all… Guts of 500 quids worth… Literally stood up said thanks for the golf lads and left… Nice touch. Removed the roaster tag immediately

3 Likes

Where did ye play?.I got the nicest lamb I ever tasted in the Druids Glen hotel restaurant on Wednesday evening. It was unbelievable.

2 Likes

Kerry. I won’t say where because we got a right favour tbh

We didn’t eat at the course but we had nibbles before we had the dinner! You’d work up a thirst in this weather

1 Like

Playing Youghal in a society this afternoon. I need a win to make the final group in the race to Killarney. My putting is in the horrors. I’m actually hooking putts :sleepy: