Golf Thread

Fella died of a heart attack in the middle of a fairway in Youghal a few weeks ago. Only 52. One of my playing partners was in group ahead and was only one who knew CPR but your man just got a big bang and there was no saving him. Not something you’d expect to see on a Sunday morning 4 ball.

I dont know what I’m expected to do with this information.

Be careful out there

1 Like

If I go on a golf course it better be after a good drive. At least he was on a fairway and not inside in trees looking for a ball. I might never be found

4 Likes

Putting problems=High class problems

Head down a half hour early, do some drills and man the fuck up.

I’m going for a breakfast, not going near the putting green and hoping that not touching a golf club for a few days will have somehow fixed it.

Formula for success

1 Like

Works for me :smiley::dollar:

33 points off 12. Birdied the first for 3 points. Putted the finest

4 Likes

Ledge!

It was OK. No sand in the bunkers which meant they were GUR and a couple of greens did not have the old hole position adequately refilled. Greens were fast and a couple had different levels on them. A good few holes were long par fours with blind tee shots but if you caught the slope on the fairway you got a good run and an 8 or 9 iron in, (not that I was that lucky)

I may be wrong but it seemed that there was an old section and new part of course so it must have been a nine hole until not too long ago.

We had unreal weather and the views were spectacular. Yer man taking the money in the clubhouse was an ignorant fucker as well.

3 Likes

A beautiful day for a game

Thanks bud.

Finally, left a few out there but it’s finally coming together. ( from a very low starting point admittedly )

3 Likes

Nice card

Missed a 3ft putt for par on last and 2 silly scratches.

16, 17 & 18 my best finishing effort on 3 cunts of holes.
Delighted tbh, days like today keep poor golfers keen.

Try forget the bad shots.

I see a nice little bird in there. They’re the ones to remember. That’s potential

1 Like

20200928_153423

3 Likes

Got these bad boys last weekend. Haven’t hit a ball with them yet but when hooked up to track man they were set that had least dispersion and had good consistency of strike. Also tried Callaway mavrik, Apex, Taylormade Sim, Cobra and Ping. Mizunos were too expensive so left them off. Got a good deal on these as Taylormade have released a newer brand. Was playing with Wilson irons that had big cavity back and was really a game improvement iron. Good for distance but very hard to control and was happy to trade them in.

3 Likes

Might as well get out while you can. Rain forecast from Wednesday through to end of next week.