Golf Thread

Yeah the championship course has a certain draw for me. I’d love to play that dell par 3 and the hole with the dune in the middle of the fairway. Read a lot about the course and its on top of the bucket list.

1 Like

It’s a smashing course. My uncle has life overseas membership there, so the father would go for a round or two there normally twice a year. I got out with them once there. I’d fuckall experience of links golf going in, but did ok going round for an absolute hacker. Played Doonbeg and Ballybunion after it, but Lahinch was one I enjoyed the most.

2 Likes

That’s the exercise done for the day

4 Likes

Lads
The aul lad was doing a bit of a cleat out there and found an old set of golf clubs belonging to me. Missing a putter but the rest are there and in perfect nick. Any if ye want them yere welcome to them

Chase Koepka going well here n the Honda. I’m struggling to think of another pair of pro golf brothers.

Ryder Cup hero’s the Molinaris, only others I can think of

1 Like

The Hojgaard twins will be another well-known pair in the next few years

1 Like

Tony Finau’s brother was decent enough too. Broke onto the scene before him I think. Don’t know what happened to him

The Maguire sisters

That’s why I referenced brothers.

He is better than Tony but is fond of his pints and takeaways.

1 Like

Mike, this is 2’21. Your gesture is indeed noble but if you traverse back a while the golf experience is now based on a multitude of things:

Woods.Loft alignment crucial here…
Irons. Must have exact loft, length and an array of funny letters on them (XPRS25)
Putters. Long sticks, short ones, weighty etc…
Price. Below €800 for set of irons is money wasted…

Did you ever hear about the time Tiger Woods flew into Shannon prior to playing in Adare…
He hired a Mercedes in Shannon and stopped for a re-fuel outside (insert village).
Rustic fuel vendor rambles out to assist, spots Tiger and says You Tiger Woods.
Yep he answers as he extracts €50 and 2 golf tees that fall to the ground.

What’s d’em says Paddy.
Tees to rest my balls on when I’m driving says Tiger.
Fair play to Mercedes says Paddy, they think of everything.

4 Likes

@Tierneevin1979

Why is Spieth one of the favourites for the Masters this weekend? I thought you said he was finished.

He won in Texas over the weekend and he’s a past Masters champion I would guess.

@Tierneevin1979 told me that Spieth was finished and McIlroy wasn’t.

Spieth is younger and has won three majors since McIlroy last won one.

Spieth has found a way to win and contend again because he is getting the ball in play more and this positive impact is flowing through to his approach play and short game. When he does miss he misses on the right side by blocking the ball or not getting through it. This is actually a good thing as he can control the misses. Its when you are going left and right of fairway that you are in trouble. I think Spieth was humbled by his absence from the top table. Any interview I have heard from him since the win he has emphasised all the people who made it happen and the team around him and how he was more happy for them. He said they had more confidence in him that he did in himself. Its a good story and I’m delighted he’s back. He is not everyone’s cup of tea but he is a born winner and people like him always find a way.

I don’t think @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy gives a fuck about much of that, he was only trying to twist the knife

1 Like

Say it ain’t so :grinning:

Because golf is a funny old game.

I think I was right.

McIlroy is finished.