Golf Thread

@Massey I’d nearly bet a penny to a pound they aren’t too long, I’d say they are lying too upright. Bring your 7 iron to a fitting, they can shave the lie angle to suit you. Might save you a fortune, or cut the shafts if they are too long

1 Like

Another interesting one lads in the saving money on clubs area… Buddy of mine bought a driver head for 150 quid and put it on existing shaft… The entire club was 550 quid… 2 minute job to fit the head… Never knew you could just buy head on its own

What does this mean?

When you put the club down on the ground it either lies upright or flat at degrees from 0. If they’re lying too upright they feel long as you’ll be upright. If they’re lying too flat they’ll feel small as you’ll be bent over and closer to the ball.

My lie angle was too flat and a degree of difference changed made some difference in comfort

I’ll caveat that by saying thats my interpretation from one fitting and an interesting conversation with Ronan.

1 Like

My brother in law has clubs about 50mm shorter than mine and he’s the same height as me

They dont measure height. They measure from arms relaxed by side to ground.

1 Like

A sack of spuds.

Harrington is some man. -9 in Dubai. Currently tied for 5th. A top 10 would be unreal for him

Lowry +3 for the day after being in with a shout

2 Likes

Booked a 3 day golf event for Carne Golf Links in Mayo from 4 -6 of July with the brother. €265 for 3 nights accommodation and 3 rounds of golf. Sunday is a practice round but Monday and Tuesday is a 4 ball event. Best score to count on each hole. There are 2 courses, Wild Atlantic Links and Hackett. 2 stunning courses and great value for money. We should be back to something resembling normal by then and if anyone fancies a bit of a TFK open and partnering up with someone there is plenty of time sheet availability.

1 Like

A baysht of a course

Great value

18th of April is when we might be allowed out for a game of golf is what I am hearing.

Fuck sake. I got a new Odyssey putter for Christmas and all I’m doing is practicing off the leg of a table with it

Anyone paying for the off the ball golf podcast? Seems nuts.

Golf has to go

cc @myboyblue

cc @johnnysachs - that’s not bad value imho? Especially if you got it in June

Edit - thought it was two championship rounds. Only ok then

1 Like

That’s still good value. La Hinch would be nearly €250 on its own during a normal summer. What is castle course like?
I’m sounding out the brother on this below. Think its €400 golf only.

A lad I know plays it every year says it’s brilliant. Well run and good craic after. Was gonna play it with him last year. Some savings.

Yeah I know the guy that runs it and he does a good job. Good sponsors and he’d send you out with a welcome pack and plenty of good prizes on offer. Format is good as well. So even if you’re going bad interest is not lost. Had a few good nights out down in Killarney with it as well.

It’s okay, a 69 par, handy track for the day after pints. I’d play it a lot more actually cos you can fly around it. Greens are actually very good there funnily enough, when they vary a lot across the road