Golf Thread

Caddies are for Yanks ffs sake :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah. Like not asking for direction… You might figure it out eventually but makes for a better day with a good caddy

Wouldn’t have even occurred to us tbf, up until we were trying to figure out where the fairway is after disappearing to :smirk:

1 Like

Yeah I would have zero issue paying a caddy on q nice course like that… One caddy and one forecaddy would have been A1

Forecaddies are usually put on blind holes and not sent out with groups I always presumed.

Theyd track shots from a blind corner and the like.

You’d want your head examined to pay for a caddie, most of the craic is getting lost

2 Likes

If there isn’t enough caddies here, one guy might go and do forecaddy for the group sometimes, usually one of the aulder shtocks. It’s a fair benefit for those type of links

Them boys get some money off the yanks. I played a round with a scratch golfer who was caddying below in Ballybunnion. He was telling me the tips were a absolutely off the scale at times

1 Like

You can pay for a forecaddy to go with you for the full round if you want. Generally he is a lot cheaper as only one between the group

I caddies a bit in the States when I was there for a few student summers. Not much enjoyment IMVHO in paying big green fee for a round and spending half the round looking for your ball. Especially somewhere you might never again play

You have to take a caddy in Adare. Loads of retired guards and teachers at it. Full professional set up with full time caddy master. If you were any good you’d pick up a grand a week handy in the summer.

Sure a caddy is standing beside you. He wont stop you hitting a bad shot like.

I’d never give too much time looking for a ball. If you dont find it in 30 seconds it generally is gone to God. I’d give a few stamps on the line I took and throw one out

:rofl::rofl:

Grand

Exactly, if your playing off 18+ a caddy isn’t worth a shite to you unless your gonna let him take your shot for ye.

3 Likes

This lad DeChambeau doesn’t look much like a golfer in the traditional sense. He’s a big, muscular, mechanical looking lad who relies on power without the soft hands of say, Mickleson. He’s like a gorilla with a length of qualplex cutting his way through a swathe of thistles. cc @glenshane

4 Likes

He’s actually quite decent in and around the green… He’s fucking nuts though for a smart cunt

Mickleson rolling back the years here. He’ll have the crowd behind him too.

1 Like

Hes the most hated man on the tour, by the players.

Figjam they call him

Why would he be hated?

Have you ever watched a round of golf that he’s playing… He seems to be an even bigger prick now than he ever was

I would have thought Phil was an alright sort - well able to take the piss out of himself

1 Like

Phil is a legend. To win at 50 would be an incredible achievement. Even more so as its the longest major in history and the calibre of player in behind.

2 Likes