Bunclody - an absolute gem of a place

4 Likes

Smashing course

1 Like

3 Likes

Mount Juliet in stunning shape

6 Likes

is it Irish open ready?

The rough surely is anyway. 4 inches or so long. You’d barely find a ball in it.

Played Birr there the other day. Grand track

1 Like

4 Likes

Dooks?

I bought a new driver on Saturday a Titleist TSi2 spent an hour with the pro being fitted and trying out about 4 or 5, first go this evening on the course I feel like a young buck again easily adding 40-50 yards and not going too far offline when not straight. My old 22 year old Taylor Made was badly letting me down the last few years couldn’t get any consistency at all.

2 Likes

Shaft and head were probably dead on the old one bud.

1 Like

Not a bad guess. If I posted the below photo it would have been an obvious one.
Bit further down. Waterville. Had been on the bucket list for some time and did not disappoint.

1 Like

It looks amazing and you got some day for it

Yeah weather was great and course was as playable as its ever going to be but still a tough test. I was on my own and it isn’t half as enjoyable when you’re on your own especially when looking for a stray ball. But only had a small window of a few hours this morning so said I’d go for it while the missus and little one were preoccupied. It was eerily quiet so got a good rate too. Usually there would be coach loads of Americans pulling up and caddies jockeying for position but times have changed.

There is a Hoggs head down the road that was always off limits for your regular Joe Soap and is as elusive as they come. They only wanted a particular segment of the market. American consortium pumped €50m into the place. It will be interesting to see what happens that in a few years.

3 Likes

That isn’t really being run as a commercial entity. More so a plaything for the very very very wealthy yanks who bought it. I played it under its old guise, Skellig Bay golf club, and it was a spectacular site but built on not for off a bog. Balls plugging on fairway in summer time… It’s like a parkland course built right on the coast.

A friend played it last year and said it was in brilliant condition. And not difficult.

1 Like

Exactly what your average yank wants.

1 Like

No choice but to retire to the long stool

Where is that?

Strandhill (mountain just out of view)

Will definitely come back on a finer day hopefully

1 Like

Day 2 on this green monster

3 Likes