Golf Thread

bit the bullet and bought a trolley - no more carrying for me.

Coolattin today. Lovely little par 3 inside a walled garden. Never seen the like of it before. Gorgeous hole.

Would that be like pitch and putt?

Wouldn’t be far off it

I don’t know how you ever did it tbh. The back is something that needs to be minded. I’m not sure i would have got away with carrying a bag for years on my home course. In fact most lads now use a buggy given how strenuous it is to walk around.

What did ye buy,the battery is gone in mine I might buy a new one altogether

That’s a lovely course.Our society played there 2 years ago.

I bought a manual yoke that was on sale. 149 down from 249

1 Like

I’m fucking flahed after two days of it. It’s a massive walk before you try puck a few balls

Rosses Point is a tough course.

I bought a motocaddy there a few months ago. It has built in GPS which is very handy. 750 I paid. I had a push trolley before that which was the finest but I saw few lads with the gps ones and I got suckered in :smiley:

Twas Enniscrone we were in, Rosses Point is a picnic by comparison

1 Like

The GPS is a great job but I have a watch already. This golf is a scam money wise.

2 Likes

if you let yourself get carried away you’d end up broke from it. I know lads who are addicted to buying new clubs like it’s going to make them better golfers, deluded fuckers.

In saying that i noticed my driver has a crack in the head, I soaked it to clean it this morning and the water was leaking out of it all day… I’m fair disappointed as I love that club and they’re hard got new

1 Like

how much did you pay for a GPS?

I use a driver that a buddy gave me, of all the clubs in the bag I’d hate to try to get a new one. The putter is also a handme down but I need to change it there is a bad sound of it last few weeks it about 15 years old I’d say. Don’t know how fellas swap in and out clubs regularly

I have a garmin watch it does the job perfect cost about 100. Basic model. Battery is poor on it though you’d get a round out of it now and no more. Sometjing to tell you the distances is IMO as important as any club in the bag

1 Like

It’s a Garmin I’m not sure as it was a Xmas present.Some lads are mad for buying new clubs every year.Costs a fortune.

1 Like

You are weak!

I played there years ago I’m sure. I was extremely hungover too.

1 Like

I’d say I’ll be even further passed you with the drive the next time with the energy I’m conserving.

1 Like