Golf Thread

Hard to believe so many are willing to pass up their spots on the Ryder cups team.

Not really.
Most lads probably wouldn’t make the team these days. Gmac, Phil, westwood, poulter, garcia etc.
Either way, it is all about the $$$$$ for them. Too much of it on offer at this stage of their careers.

You would imagine most of them would have enough dosh to last several lifetimes

1 Like

Ah I was being sarcastic.

The whole thing is fucked and Jps Ryder cup could be fair shite by 2027 because it looks like there’s going to be a massive split.

I dont really follow the politics at all, but are Saudi on a different level to UAE?

The European Tour seem to play in Dubai and Abu Dhabi 5 or 6 times a year and not a word about it.

Between Qatar WC, Newcastle, Man CIty, PSG, F1 going to all these places, I dont think any sport can stand on a high horse about morals and this is just the next stage of sportswashing.

Very true. Doesn’t mean they don’t have a massive appetite for more dosh. And some more again

They’ve all pretty admitted it too. All about the $$$

If they threw a few hundred million at rubby Ireland might get past a WC Quarter Final

1 Like

Mickleson lost everything gambling. I saw on twitter his performances during football season were awful.

Hurling can hold its head high.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing to see there.

The current champions just happen to be backed financially by someone who put their communion money on a horse and ended up a multi billionaire.

4 Likes

Built on an empire of animal cruelty as opposed to human cruelty so all grand here

A remarkable twist of fortune.

The Ryder Cup without Poults is just unthinkable.

It would be like back in the day a Ryder cup without Monty

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Somone said here this protects their pension

I’m not so sure that’s true. It seems many are staying out until the end of the fed ex to protect their pension is my understanding.

i haven’t really being following this in much detail. How much are these lads likely to make by switching over? Is it mainly has beens like McDowell and Poulter who are taking the arab shilling?

Lads is this the end of golf?