Golf Thread

Did you hear the voice message that went with it

1 Like

We’ll have to get @Copper_pipe to upload it

You’ll have to send it on :face_with_monocle:

there has been issues with cheating in Royal Rathbane recently that nothing was being done about, I’d say Billy was taking the piss

It basically just informed that the competition winner is in fact the handicap secretary in Rathbane and he has won several monthly medals recently off 21

The last time one of the lads played with Billy he was a tidy 9 handicapper. Thats going back 6 or 7 years

1 Like

Thomas & Don must be like cunts after that.

Not subtle at all. Bandits

Must have being a going day .
Blinkers and a change of feed did the trick.

I’m a member up there and the whole bunch of them are wankers any dealings I’ve had with them.Poor auld Mac Landscaping wondering why he can’t attract new members

1 Like

Theres a break off group used do an invitational every year, hasnt happened in a while, FTC fuck the commitee. I went on a few. Some craic

Is that Colm Mc that used to be the head greenkeeper? A seriously sound fella

I think so,he runs the course but the “club” is separate.Something which they fail to tell you when you join.I hear he doesn’t get on too well with them.

He hates every last one of them with a passion

1 Like

Hard to blame him

It has some potential as a course. The natural flow of the land is brilliant. The greens and tee boxes were shameful the last time i played

Greens are fairly good now,the fairways are good,the tee boxes need some work but the bunkers are a disaster.TBF he’s done a lot of work there in the last couple of years but it still needs a lot of tlc.

7 and 8 are lovely holes down toward the road.

Sound fella. The father played there for a number of years. Some sound lads in there. He played seniors competition during week and then on the Sundays. Said there was some shower of bandits in there and a couple of downright cheaters. A few political rifts in there like a bunch of gossipy housewives and he wanted none of it, so left and went out to Adare about 10 years ago I’d say.

2 Likes

Sounds about right.

My father did the exact same

I played a good few rounds up there I’d say back in the day, hacking away

1 Like