Golf Thread

I had 40 gross on my front 9 the other day before I got soaked, 53 on the back 9 so was pretty miserable after it.

My lowest gross is 83 playing off 15

I’m going backwards currently too.

My actual game feels better but concentration levels are letting me down.

Getting the time to go practice is a killer. Turning up cold for Rds of golf is a disaster

2 social media accounts I follow for tips;

Dan Grieve on Instagram (dangrievegolf). Focuses on short game and also has a book concentrating on same.

Saguto golf on Youtube; his manner and attempts at humour might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he keeps the lessons pretty short, sweet and simple.

3 Likes

I have to play a golf classic this evening for the Gah club. I’ve no spikes. What’s acceptable footwear.

I expect to spend the evening looking for the ball.

It’s a scramble thank God.

1 Like

golf shoes

I don’t have golf shoes. Nor will I be getting golf shoes

A respectable pair of sneakers.

2 Likes

I’ve a pair of Asics running shoes. Would they do the job?

have you anything even remotely waterproof? Your feet will get soaked in those.

have you astro boots?

Someone to lend you a pair?

I was thinking of them alright.

they’ll do the grandest. you’d pick up a handy pair of golf shoes in stevie gleesons though.

1 Like

Do you have a pair of galoshes to go over them?

@Julio_Geordio if one of your lads has put the ball in play I wouldn’t spend too long inside in the shite looking for your ball - just a word to the wise, if you don’t walk on it after 30 seconds you won’t get it and you’ll drive the lads mental :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll have plenty spares anyway

1 Like

enjoy it pal, scrambles are good craic with a decent crew

Id say it’s 5 years since I’ve played a round. Bar the annual golf classic I’d have no time or interest to play golf. Maybe in a few years

Wear a pair of wellies and be done with it.