Golf Thread

Well Lockes, just registered over there. Best of luck with the site. You should try posting it up here somewhere to get some interest.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=343

Take a leaf from Cahills book and spam other message boards until you have a couple of thousand members! Or else just starting posting on boards.ie and have your discussion board address in your signature!

Can’t get on it in work but must get into the habit of heading onto it in the evenings. What’s the link you posted Mac? It’s blocked in here too.

Is there anything that’s not blocked in your workplace? (internet wise)

It’s weird. All kinds of forums are blocked but for some reason certain ones slip through the net. I’m on 2 celtic forums and one of them is blocked but I can get on the other one. I’m obviously able to get on this and also afr but stuff like boards.ie and anything that’s blatantly a forum is blocked.

Its just the golf forum on boards.ie

US Open champion Tiger Woods will miss the rest of the season to undergo surgery on his injured left knee.

That means Woods is ruled out of the Open at Royal Birkdale, Ryder Cup and USPGA Championship.

“It was important to me that I disclose my condition publicly at an appropriate time,” Woods said on his website.

“Now, it is clear that the right thing to do is listen to my doctors, follow though with this surgery, and focus my attention on rehabilitating my knee.”

The website also stated that Woods needed time to recover from a Double stress fracture of the left tibia in his leg which were “attributed to Woods’ intense rehabilitation and preparations for the US Open”.

The 32-year-old has made the decision to undergo surgery on his left knee just two days after winning his 14th Major by defeating Rocco Mediate in a sudden-death play-off at the US Open.

Woods was limping throughout the four days of competition at Torrey Pines but stayed in contention forcing a play-off with an 18th hole birdie before repeating the feat on the 18th in the play-off.

He eventually sealed the victory on the sudden-death hole.

Woods is a freak, if he didn’t have the gammy knee all weekend he would have decimated the field by a mile. Felt awful sorry for Rocco Mediate, played some great golf over the 4days and seemed like a sound sort of a lad even when things went against him(kept smiling, having the craic with the gallery etc). I was pretty sick with the result though, backed Rocco when he had a 1shot lead on the Sunday, curse that fookin par5 18th, fooked my bet up both days, sickened.

The guy is a phenom, even injury couldn’t stop him. Very sad loss to golf that he’ll be missing for the rest of the season.

How the hell was he able to play with a stress fracture?! Amazing stuff. He’ll miss The Open then I suppose and probably the Ryder Cup later in the year too.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]US Open champion Tiger Woods will miss the rest of the season to undergo surgery on his injured left knee.

That means Woods is ruled out of the Open at Royal Birkdale, Ryder Cup and USPGA Championship.

“It was important to me that I disclose my condition publicly at an appropriate time,” Woods said on his website.

“Now, it is clear that the right thing to do is listen to my doctors, follow though with this surgery, and focus my attention on rehabilitating my knee.”

The website also stated that Woods needed time to recover from a Double stress fracture of the left tibia in his leg which were “attributed to Woods’ intense rehabilitation and preparations for the US Open”.

The 32-year-old has made the decision to undergo surgery on his left knee just two days after winning his 14th Major by defeating Rocco Mediate in a sudden-death play-off at the US Open.

Woods was limping throughout the four days of competition at Torrey Pines but stayed in contention forcing a play-off with an 18th hole birdie before repeating the feat on the 18th in the play-off.

He eventually sealed the victory on the sudden-death hole.[/quote]

Second paragragh Pikeman.

I was right so Farmer.

Indeed you were Pikeman.

You’re special!

Aw shucks, thanks Farmer.
I’m into ladies meself though.

I meant ‘special’ in a ‘Special Olympics’ kind of way…

Eh, yeah-I kinda got that alright Farmer. Good man.
I meant ‘good man’ in an ‘arsehole’ kind of way…

Where’s Locke these days anyhow? Thought he’d be creaming all over Tiger’s win.

You can bet ur bottom dollar big Phils Mickey will have a smile on his face now for the rest of the year with Woods out. It’ll be interesting to see how it will affect prices for the 2 majors that are left, a load of lads like Paddy Harr, Karlsson, Furyk etc will be shorter than normal now as everyone has a greater chance to be in contention.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Eh, yeah-I kinda got that alright Farmer. Good man.
I meant ‘good man’ in an ‘arsehole’ kind of way…

Where’s Locke these days anyhow? Thought he’d be creaming all over Tiger’s win.[/quote]

Off on Annual Leave Pikeman. Was down in Kerry for a few days but Ben and Jerry are after getting a cold and past it onto me (sound for that lads). So today is the first time I’ve really got to log on.

Wouldn’t be Woods’ biggest fan to be honest. Some player, the best there is around by a mile but before the announcement was made about Woods taking the rest of the year off I was in the Goosen camp, he winces when he plays a bad shot but doing cartwheels when he plays a good one. He’s a show man thats fo sho.

Great comp was weekend though. Couldn’t see the playoff as only the bog channels down in Kerry. Fair play to Rocco, real old school, pants belt up around his moobs. Ballubas, you have a betting problem by the way, but keep the tips coming :wink:

They were never tips Locke and good job as ther’re always a shambles, someday Romero will win and I’ll get paid off for my foolish loyalty, you’ll be the first to congrat me on ur own forum I hope if and when it happens.
Follow Catinexile he had a good week with Karlsson in the top6

Lockes

I play a bit, not as much as I used to though.

My short game is gone to the dogs completely, cannot hit a fooking thing. A lad I know told me get a jigger (hybrid wedge/putter kinda?) and it has sorted me out no end, makes it very easy. All good you say…

Was playing few weeks back with three mates in a classic, (scratch, 5, 9) and when I produced the magic club the lads nearly got sick. They were giving me woeful grief altogether, said only women and pensioners should use them.

Now I am in a bind, I can have a reasonable short game and be the subject of ridicule everywhere I go or look cool shooting 100+. Im kinda leaning towardes the latter as I dont love golf enough to play with people laughing at me

Fook them Dan, I wouldnt give a shite if it looked like a banjo if it works for you. I only get out with the work society every 4or5 weeks and I’m hopeless, I play off 28 thats how hopeless I am, I’d give anything to improve my shortgame. I never heard of a jigger but am goin googling it in a moment to see what it is.
My problem is I normally blade the chips rather than lobbing them softly onto the green like I’d like to be able to do. Would you think that jigger would help me as regards getting the shorter chips into the air easier, I think half my problem is I give up on the shot and tend to slow down on the down swing hence blading it.