Golf Thread

Yeah but you’d have all the gear and excellent clubs…

1 Like

You’re lucky you were let in the gate of fota the cut of you

2 Likes

I went into work in the same clothes…

1 Like

So did I :joy:

1 Like

Bryson never looks comfortable over a short chip shot or bunker shot. Its the only thing holding him back from winning a couple of majors.

His wedges are 2.5 inches longer than standard. Very hard to hit shots with your hands for touch and feel

Would gripping down the shaft help negate that or would you still have less control. I supposed additional weight of club doesn’t help or the bulky grips.

Just booked Old Head for 13th of July. Looking forward to it already.

3 Likes

Price?

€520 for a 4 ball. Small bit left on a voucher so works out around €100 each. Probably wont get the chance again unless work wants to pay for it.

Webb is chancing his arm

May you get the weather for it. Not crazy money for a one-off treat

Imagine trying to chip with a 7 iron shaft on a 60 degree head.

1 Like

Yeah the weather is a big factor in enjoyment of it. I will take any kind of wind over squalls of rain. I find the rain never hangs around too long on links courses from my experience. Usually blows over. You probably seen it all though given your proximity to La Hinch. Anyway its as affordable as its ever going to be and in the absence of a foreign holiday this year no harm having a couple of treats.

1 Like

You’re saving almost 150 quid a man there. It’s usually a grand a tee box.
They have to be feeling the pinch. They cater almost exclusively for American tourists

I entered a 3-day comp the other day on in September so I’ll see how that pans out. Might get a spin to Hogs Head too at some stage if I can work an angle with a US contact

2 Likes

Yeah they must be. They never run open days and are running 3 of them. I am on a cancellation list for them too. They are €90 per person. I rang Waterville the other day so I am hoping they follow suit.

Massive rumours going around that the hotel in fota won’t reopen and the chinese are pulling out altogether.

Do they own the course?

I have a voucher for the hotel. Good thing you told me. If worst comes to worst maybe I can use it in pro shop or something.