Golf Thread

Hope to get out tomo

Good scoring… Do you have a handicap or just marking yourself off 18?

30 points plus makes it a v enjoyable round IMO

Turn those scratches into a point and you’re playing to levels. Great shooting

Just shy of 19. Happy enough today, major improvement from last week.
Driving it well which helps massively as I’m not a big hitter.
Around the green is hurting but all the rest doing fine.

3 Likes

Was it fair windy thete

Similar. I don’t have a driver. I only carry a 3 wood a rescue club and 6,7,8,9,PW and a putter. Can hit the 3 wood reasonable distance but very rarely get into trouble with it. All the shots are lost from 100 yds in.

Not too bad, a club in places all the same.

Always like to watch the Heritage at Harbour Town. Holidayed there years ago and it always brings back memories.

2 Likes

Spent a week between Savannah, Charleston and Asheville 2 years ago. Charleston was really something though. Savannah class as well.

1 Like

I’d sat it’s a nice area… Really really tough course :rofl:

Same, Charleston was lovely. Weirdly nice unAmerican like hospitality.

I was there in high summer. It was insanely hot. Those lakes on the course are infested by alligators. The biggest breeding ground for sharks on the East Coast of the US is just off the coast. I was stung by a stingray when I went for a swim. Still have the scar. Different world

1 Like

Sounds lovely😜

Lot of money around there. Great food and southern hospitality at it’s best. We were down by the marina and hired a boat to see some dolphins. Plenty of luxury yachts and cruisers lying around. Some beautiful southern belles around there too.

1 Like

Where have you been there that wasn’t hospitable?

Went to see the dolphins in Hilton Head in a little rubber dinghy. Out in the middle of the bay there was a massive row between the sharks and the dolphins underneath us. . I thought I was going to meet my maker.

Another time I was in for a swim. As I came out I was talking to a lovely southern lady. She said do you like it here. I said it’s amazing. I was in there for a swim and the fish were jumping. It’s just like the song. She looks at me like I’m a complete shit head. You know why the fish are jumping? No. There’s something feeding in the water. What? Sharks.
Oh.

2 Likes

Did I say that.

Well you said nice was unamerican

Playing first thing in the morning hoping twil be after clearing up. Playing with a scratch golfer and two lads off 5 and 8. Not sure is that a good or a bad thing!

Always a good thing. It’s how I learned the game, loads of free advice.

1 Like