Golf Thread

Elaborate? I have a ping anser vault 2.0 gold blade.

I cannot and will not use anything with a mallet or other type head or a big thick grip. All fucking gimmicks

How often do you practice putting?

1 Like

I have this, the top one, love it. Way easier to get centre strikes

1 Like

Honestly, I’d get the gawk looking down at that

It’s bulletproof <6ft I can tell the exact line it’ll go on just looking down

Flat are mid left middle and bottom right… I am currently using middle top or close to it… Need a bit of weight in the putter

@EstebanSexface well I haven’t played in years but I would always have spent far more time putting than on the range when I was playing more regulalrly

Go to a putting green and try sort it there. Dropping a tonne on a putter wont make you a better putter

1 Like

I don’t line putts up.

That Taylormade putter smack in the middle is an abomination.

1 Like

I disagree I think getting a putter to suit your natural swing will help massively. I was toeing too many,that’s gone now with the centre shaft

Fix your stroke maybe, I see lads getting into a spiral and going through 5 potters every two years. It very rarely gets better, until they go to a green and figure it out

Whatever works, works.

2 Likes

And manipulate my arms to rock away from what’s natural? That’s a guarantee of trouble

I never toe them. Stroke is OK. Pace is killing me

Jesus mate, do you think of so many things on such a short stroke?

The best putting advice ever given to me was to visualise hitting a thumb tack into a soft wall. Forces you to accelerate on the putt. When I slow down through the ball I go all wrong

That’s feel really. Practice like fuck but you could work on a tempo, so you’d know if the head goes two inches past your foot on the way back, consistent follow through that it will go x feet,then increase backswing while maintaining the same tempo

1 Like

Do a pace drill. Put 5 tees all 2 feet apart and putt to the tees

1 Like

But you shouldn’t actually accelerate is the latest thinking, you should just make sure you get it on the upswing

Got sent that earlier. Anyone know the course?

I’m doing the pop putting ala Stricker and its changed my life in ways I never thought possible

I’m using the Phil method of 25% back 75% through on 3 to 6 foot putts and they’ve never been so easy. It’s just lag putting on variable speeds that’s a killer and I under read left to right breaks