Golf Thread

See I can’t think like that. I get too OCD on it. I take one look at the hole, pick a spot and worry about just rolling it to that spot

1 Like

I enjoy the analysis

Everyone is different. I can’t have more than one swing thought or else I’m crippled. I play with all eyes and hands. I cant see straight lines either.

That got coached out of me years ago. Def more natural stroke if you ask me

Who coached that out of you?

I had a 20e putter from many years ago. When I went back playing in autumn 18 a club pro picked it up and told me if I used it to bate cattle that the cattle would be embarrassed. It had to go. I got an odyssey in same style as middle right above for 50 notes on adverts and never looked back. I can’t drive distance but I can chip and putt now. Pendulum style same distance back and forward without significant acceleration, treat it like driving a car, control the speed then direction will look after itself

2 Likes

I played with a fella who was in his 60s the other day. He had a 40 year old putter that had lead tape stuck on the back of it. He is a very, very good putter. He’s had that putter since the day he started playing golf. It’s about as heavy as a lump hammer

1 Like

Some fella I got lessons off in killarney

I’ll never again get a golf lesson. Anytime I have its put me back 6 months

Any of ye ever use a jigger

1 Like

Agreed. 100%. The only time I ever got value out of it was missus got me a playing lesson in Mount Juliet. Club pro played 18 holes with me. Savage tips on course management etc

That’s fine. They’re the tangible lessons you can learn. A pro standing on a range trying to get you to contorted like tiger woods is just all bad

If you think about it, its not a good business model for them to fix your swing. They always leave you with a problem to keep you coming back

90% is down to rhythm and tempo anyway

1 Like

My driving at the moment is the killer with me averaging about 20% fairways due to my slice.

I’m only playing max 3 times a fortnight but am thinking a lesson may give me some improvements in the department?

I must say the one time I went to the range and hit balls the evening before a round was a help.

I reckon if I could get driving right I’d drop 4/5 shots over the rest of the summer. Currently off basic 18.

If you’re slicing aim more to the right and pull your right foot back. Close everything to the target and swing to the right. Completely counter intuitive but 100% works

Flip all that for left hand

2 Likes

On the issue of putter I was using a junior putter in the belief that the putter doesn’t matter. I have bought a ping putter like the heavy odyssey above and it’s after making a huge difference.

That sounds very complicated now but it can’t get any worse I suppose

Make the same swing but just line up closed.

I’d say you’re just coming over the top a little bit trying to hit at the ball. If you close off and swing from inside you literally can’t slice

I played 9 holes last night and was +3. Was playing off the blues against a scratch golfer who was giving me 6 shots. He finished -1. The 4 bogies I got were all stupid course management mistakes more so than bad strikes.

I’m playing with super golfers the last 12 months and that alone is making me a better golfer

2 Likes

If the grip is right you are probably just lining up wrong. An easy fix probably. Play a round with a good golfer they will sort it handy enough