Good article on the huns & their fans

If you are one of the legions of decent, fair-minded Rangers supporters then maybe you shouldnt read on: you will only find the subject wearying, aggravating, a further embarrassment for your club.

In fact, your only conclusion might be this: the humiliations that sections of Rangers supporters continue to heap upon their club appear to be limitless.

Villarreal, Pamplona, Manchester, now Bucharest. Why is it that, when Rangers FC and their spineless supporters spokesmen start groping around for excuses, the common themes of heavy-handed policing or these are not real Rangers fans are forever trotted out? Cant any club official, or any supporters representative, ever come clean on this? Will someone at Rangers finally find the guts to say: We have a major problem with our support and it is ruining this club?

The scenes in Bucharest last Wednesday night at Rangers Champions League tie against Unirea were tediously familiar. But almost as bad, in the context of accountability, was Rangers feeble response to it. It was Manchester and the Uefa Cup final riots of 2008 all over again.

Do you remember what happened there? The big TV screens in town went blank so the Rangers fans started rioting. The very next morning, amid some of the quickest gathering of intelligence I have ever come across, Martin Bain and Rangers hosted a press conference at which it was established that this was just a small minority of fans who had been involved, and that the miscreants were people who dont normally attach themselves to our support.

This was about 30 minutes before Sky TV began to broadcast gruesome footage of hundreds of not real Rangers fans drunkenly setting about anything in sight in Manchester. And it was about 10 months before not real Rangers fans were humiliatingly strung up like felons on the BBCs Crimewatch programme, as the quest to track them down went on.

After the Manchester riots, just like after Bucharest four nights ago, Mr Bain and Rangers revealed an uncanny habit of placing more emphasis on defending, rather than condemning. Literally within half an hour of the aggro in Bucharest, Bain was issuing a 78-word statement, the first 21 of which said this: Obviously, the behaviour of some of our fans in the stadium tonight is not acceptable no one likes to see that.

And the rest of it? Well, wasnt it simply dreadful the way the Rangers fans were treated. I mean, come on, four turnstiles should have been operating, but instead there were only two. And all that CS gas being used on our poor fans.

Note the different tone in Bains statement. The fact that Rangers fans rioted was unacceptable and no-one likes to see that. But the fact the Romanian police used CS gas to subdue them? Why, this was totally unacceptable.

The response of Andy Kerr, of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, was even worse. Kerr actually had the temerity to state: I wouldnt say the Rangers fans did anything wrong. The organisation was very poor. And on the very same night we had the official Rangers website stating that our fans suffered heavyhanded treatment by the police. Ah, yes, the old heavy-handed policing line. This is an old Rangers favourite.

There is almost an indecent haste, as there was in Bucharest, to soft-soap some of this Rangers loutishness with anodyne utterances about policing, stewarding, whatever. I do not doubt for a moment that the situation in that Steaua stadium was unsatisfactory. One supporter I spoke to who was there testified to crumbling terraces and a bottleneck at the turnstiles, where Rangers fans were attempting to gain access to the ground. But is this a licence for thuggishness? Do decent human beings, in finding themselves in such a situation, start fist-fights, throw seats around, and brawl with stewards, as Rangers fans did the other night?

Denial, denial, denial. It does Rangers FC no good. And it assumes that the rest of us are too dim-witted to recognise the cold, hard evidence that is staring us and the governing body of European football in the face.

In the expansive canon of excuse-making for Rangers and their fans antics, one of the great farragoes that is used is this heavy-handed policing line. In Villarreal in 2006, when the bigoted chanting by Rangers fans and the attack on the Spanish clubs team bus occurred, there was, if you were prepared to believe certain Rangers supporters groups, heavy-handed policing which only served to worsen the situation.

Then we moved on to Pamplona a year later where how unusual some Rangers fans chanted bigoted anthems and fought with stewards. The Rangers supporters bodies reponse? Really, we cannot condone some of the heavy-handed policing that we saw …

Then we got to Manchester in May 2008. Now, before I go any further here, can I just confirm one thing? The Greater Manchester Police have they a reputation for aggression or heavy-handedness? No, I thought not. So we had these garish TV images of hundreds of Rangers supporters fighting, rioting, overturning cars. And what was the supporters clubs response? While we cannot condone some of the antics of our supporters, we really believe that heavy-handed policing … Yes, yes. I think weve heard enough.

Rangers are the sick man of British football. They cannot gouge out the bigots and the undesirables from their support. There is something of the white underclass about a section of this clubs support which only guarantees intermittent but perennial embarrassment for Ibrox.

It is as if a previously arrogant attitude around Rangers FC, now being overwhelmed by a more modern, multi-ethnic, ecumenical society around it, cannot cope with these changes and feels threatened by them.

On Thursday Uefa quite rightly stepped in, cut through all the obfuscation around the events in Bucharest, and opened yet another prosecution case against Rangers. For the long-term good of Rangers, I hope Uefa throw the book at them the filthy orange bastards, and I believe they will.

Did you see the piece in the Sunday Times today about HSV and Celtic?
Seems they had fans holding up cards to make up a Union Jack in the stand as well as a large “No surrender” banner
What a bunch of cunts

[media=youtube]Zl-vrR7uufs

[quote=“north county corncrake”]If you are one of the legions of decent, fair-minded Rangers supporters then maybe you shouldnt read on: you will only find the subject wearying, aggravating, a further embarrassment for your club.
[/quote]

Every hun fan tried to read on before they gave up because they are illiterate.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]Did you see the piece in the Sunday Times today about HSV and Celtic?
Seems they had fans holding up cards to make up a Union Jack in the stand as well as a large “No surrender” banner
What a bunch of cunts[/quote]

HSV - hun supporting vastards…

works if you say it quickly in an Eastern European accent. I tried anyway.

High jinks.

Hardly surprising that HSV will do something like that given the links between Celtic and their city rivals.

[quote=“SoulDressing”]High jinks.

Hardly surprising that HSV will do something like that given the links between Celtic and their city rivals.[/quote]

I lived in Hamburg for a year and was completely unaware of any sectarianism there (NCC was the first to bring the Huns HSV thing to my attention)
Its a really tolerant place- lots of openly gay lads and lassies, a gay area, legalised prostitution etc
I was at one CL game in the HSH arena and it was completely tame, very little atmosphere and completely safe, I was in the section right beside the away support and there was no security between us.
I’m completely disgusted that HSV would get involved in this shit and am hating the fact that one red cent of mine went into their coffers. Cunts

Hardly surprising that HSV will do something like that given the links between Celtic and their city rivals.[/quote]
Yeah remember when the scum played:barcasmile: last season all the :barcasmile: fans had Celtic scarves and banners in the Nou Camp!

The journalist, Graham Spiers, is a hun supporter but he’s had enough it seems. :eek:

It’s as strong an article as I’ve ever read about them actually. This part in particular:

Rangers are the sick man of British football. They cannot gouge out the bigots and the undesirables from their support. There is something of the white underclass about a section of this club’s support which only guarantees intermittent but perennial embarrassment for Ibrox.

It is as if a previously arrogant attitude around Rangers FC, now being overwhelmed by a more modern, multi-ethnic, ecumenical society around it, cannot cope with these changes and feels threatened by them.

To say what happened in Romania was Manchester all over again is a bit extreme. It looked like handbags and no more than should be expected when people travel the breadth of the continent to watch a match and miss the entire first half due to the ineptitude of local organisers and authorities.

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I lived in Hamburg for a year and was completely unaware of any sectarianism there (NCC was the first to bring the Huns HSV thing to my attention)
Its a really tolerant place- lots of openly gay lads and lassies, a gay area, legalised prostitution etc
I was at one CL game in the HSH arena and it was completely tame, very little atmosphere and completely safe, I was in the section right beside the away support and there was no security between us.
I’m completely disgusted that HSV would get involved in this shit and am hating the fact that one red cent of mine went into their coffers. Cunts[/quote]

in fairness it was a good display but most Celtic fans laughed it off - there is a right wing element at HSV though but you cant tar all the fans- st pauli are the team in hamburg

& the high jinks in bray? the seagulls were crowing too loud?

And infiltrating the home end and fighting between yourselves and giving sectarian abuse to your own players? :rolleyes:

The Garda got what they deserved - seats on the head. It’s a class thing NCC, League of Ireland fans against the authorities, we are all on the one side and well you know it :thumbsup:

Shouting sectarian abuse at your own players on the other hand…

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]The Garda got what they deserved - seats on the head. It’s a class thing NCC, League of Ireland fans against the authorities, we are all on the one side and well you know it :thumbsup:

Shouting sectarian abuse at your own players on the other hand…[/quote]

:clap::clap:

heard before that HSV are supposed to be a right Hun club, so are Ajax i think!!

The type of fans who are attracted to the extreme nationalism of the likes of Rangers FC are, in the main, uneducated corner boys with huge emotional gaps in their lives. Therefore it’s no surprise that they take their frustrations (built up by the limitations of their prospects in life) out during football matches in the form of hooliganism. They lash out because they’re working a dead end job, they lash out because their girlfriend is a nagging pig, they lash out because even their nagging pig girlfriend decided to dump them, they lash out because their club is broke and their loyalty is manipulated by marketing consultants. The whole thing is too ludicrous for words, despite the foregoing. If one was to be sensible about these things, one would suggest gassing large parts of the population of Glasgow to make an immediate impact on this problem.

Up the Brits
Ra out

Everyone knows it was Chelsea fans wot done it,guvnah.:rolleyes:

[quote=“W.B. Yeats”]I lived in Hamburg for a year and was completely unaware of any sectarianism there (NCC was the first to bring the Huns HSV thing to my attention)
I’m completely disgusted that HSV would get involved in this shit and am hating the fact that one red cent of mine went into their coffers. Cunts[/quote]

Too much gay shit there.