Good Books

A tremendous book. Long as it is i was sorry when i finished it

1 Like

Same…I’m half way through it after about 3 years on audible …it’s just too long

1 Like

Just finished this. Very enjoyable.

Long books would be my preference… i went down a rabbit hole on all the Hilary Mantel stuff this year and really enjoyed it, same with the Tolkein stuff last year.

Mantel books are great. About to start the last one in Wolf Hall series. You’d probably enjoy Shardlake series but I’d wait for a while after finishing Mantel as covers similar historic time

audiobooks I presume?

1 Like

You’ll enjoy it.

Just finished ‘The Lincoln Highway’ today @binkybarnes, thanks for the recommendation, a fabulous book, Duchess is a great character.

Also read the new Claire Keegan book called ‘So late in the day’, I handed over my tenner because her last two while also very short were absolutely outstanding reads, this one would have been a brilliant story in a collection but wasn’t good enough to justify itself as a stand-alone IMO,

3 Likes

I read Whitehead’s The Underground Railroad. Quality book written in short punchy sentences.

1 Like

Just finished This Plague of Souls by Mike McCormack. Very short book. You’d read it in a day. Not a patch on Solar Bones, but what would be. I found it unsatisfactory and inconsequential.

1 Like

Just ordered solar bones there. Not heard of it before.

I think it’s a great book. There’s no punctuation in it though which annoys some people.

I suspect that will annoy me. Maybe less now I expect it.

It’s all about Galway and Mayo, I’d say you’ll love it once you get into the swing of it.

1 Like

Just looked it up on Amazon to check the reviews only to discover I’d already bought it, I must have downloaded it to the Kindle and forgot to read it. :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Just finished this, enjoyable read.
Although I did find the key event a little underwhelming, it was still a page turner.

I tend to get through books a lot quicker when I have the physical copy.

2 Likes

I’ve about 10 unfinished books on the kindle

1 Like

Are the trilogy of Godfather books by Mario Puzo worth reading?

I think the Godfather books are the rare exception where the films are better.

1 Like

I read them a very long time ago and I think they were worth reading alright.

1 Like