Good Books

Mate, you had your chance, he obviously doesn’t want to read your crappy book when he came back looking for more,
Just waiting on the address now so I can put his windows in

1 Like

I’ve bought both on kindle for 10 bucks… Tho I’ll get stuck into Nam first… I’ve read a few books in it, including My Lai massacre …

1 Like

For the journey home ! :sunny:

1 Like

Il send it onto you there

There’s probably not even any daycent rockers up there

I’m just reading Nick Holden’s autobiography, “it’s a minging life”
Started it as he actually wrote it himself, and, whilst it’s not quite as funny as he thinks it is, it’s actually not a bad read at all, given the bulk of it is taken up with his life as a journeyman pro at the latics.

*Rick.

Apologies, I had to check my kindle for his name. I’d never heard of him, and only bought it as it wasn’t :ghost: stwritten

Has anyone read this yet?

I’m about to start this one, presume it’s a similiar effort

More books chaps, please… enjoyed Vietnam @backinatracksuit , about to rap it up. I’ve decided against @glenshane’s effort , not my cup of tea.

Matt Haig. How to stop time is a nice bit of fiction. Very nice read

Have you read all Michael Lewis’s books?

Liars poker his first book is just fantastic.
His latest is a great read as well. The article below will give you a good flavour for the story for free.

The big short as well is obviously a brilliant book and flash boys is very good as well, although I might be more prone to finding books about finance interesting.

1 Like

What about 'i was vermeer '. The perfect bridge between war and art forgery.
I’m trying to get round to ‘extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds’. Supposed to be a great read.

And not a word about his best ever book! Outstanding story teller though. I couldn’t put the big short down despite knowing fuck all about finance (flat out googling cdo’s)

Michael Lewis is a very hit and miss writer. Has written as many poor books as good ones.

Moneyball? I reckoned he might have read that

No the blind side.

No, in reality, moneyball

Don’t bother with the Rick holden one cc @bandage, massively violent and decidedly average is much better.

Is that Ricky Holden , the winger in Joe Royle’s Oldham Athletic team of the early nineties ???